Queue Dodging = A Better Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onlyashadow

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firu View Post
All you're doing is proving that you're as much an ass as they are inexperienced at the game. This isn't making you look better. Hopefully it at least makes -you- feel better.

Thank you for agreeing with my original point.

Valdorn

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
If you're taking 1:30 to arrange your masteries, champion, and summoner spells WITHOUT considering your team then you are probably bad at computers and/or LoL.

Maybe you missed the part where I said

"They let the timer go to :00-setting up game before one of us dodged them."

If they are willing to let the timer go to :00 without saying anything or queue dodging themselves, they are worthless as teammates.
Or maybe they didn't care about your stupidity. Maybe they just wanted to play the game.

Maybe you're a huge jackass.

ALSO:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADAOSushi View Post
Only time I queue dodge is if a friend comes on and wants to play with me. ...
Isn't that what practice games and/or pre-mades are for?

Devil May LOL

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryude View Post
Even if they do put a penalty for dodging, I'll still dodge. I'd rather not play at all than have to play a game with complete idiots. In fact, I bet you see more dodging once they penalize it.
So, according to you, punishing queue dodgers will encourage queue dodgers? Like giving 0 for plagiarism and academic penalty will encourage plagiarism?
I'm lost.

How do you know your team is idiots when you haven't played with them? I played with a mundo taking revive once, and he wasn't feeding. Even if he was, i'll still play, simply because 1/ My teammate could be (could be) bad, but what I'm doing in game and the game outcome is within my control 2/ you were a newb once, let the newb play the game too.

I think arguing more on this is pointless. I made my point, and I'll stop here.

Karrot

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXByakuyaXx View Post
How do you know your team is idiots when you haven't played with them?
And if you have played with them?

Valdorn

01-27-2010

Depends on the KIND of idiots, and the circumstances:

If it's just someone who sucked, don't leave. They might be trying a new champ, or getting used to the game. Or maybe they just had a bad game.
IF the person is one of those guys who refuse to listen to their teammates, a chronic AFKer/leaver, or a verbally abusive jerk, then it's up to you. Personally, I always stay, since I prefer a loss to a leave.

TheGr8Cornholio

01-27-2010

Quote:
A friend and I did a little experiment, we both picked horrible champions (heimer/zilean, revive and smite/fortify) and then started saying ridiculous things in chat:

me: They're gonna freak out when I fort my lvl 3 turrets
him: Tank mode zilean engaged.
-
me: I'm afking this game, I don't feel like playing
him: guess I'll just pick random (revive)

etc etc

and in each lobby NO ONE DODGED US

They let the timer go to :00-setting up game before one of us dodged them.

I then add their names to a list of people to dodge in the future, clearly they are so witless and casual they don't even care if 1-2 players on their team are going to feed purposly/afk/caps lock/etc the whole game.

league of legends: serious bidness.

Onlyashadow

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdorn View Post
Or maybe they didn't care about your stupidity. Maybe they just wanted to play the game.

Maybe you're a huge jackass.
e.g. players that don't even want to win, they just want to spend 25 minutes moving their avatar around the screen. Once again, thank you for agreeing with me and helping me prove my point.

Onlyashadow

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Cornholio View Post
league of legends: serious bidness.

TheGr8Cornholio: added to the list.

TheGr8Cornholio

01-27-2010

Quote:
TheGr8Cornholio: added to the list.
You mean I won't have the "pleasure" of playing with Onlyashadow? What will I ever do?

TheMountainGoat

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryude View Post
I'd rather not play at all than have to play a game with complete idiots.
winning is more important than playing.

also, referring to everyone who isn't good at the game an idiot, and simply deciding to never play with them again, instead of just suggesting better ways to play is a poor attitude. it's pretty sad to see so much of this in the community.. it means there's a lot of elitism and condescending behavior towards new players, which doesn't help the game grow, which doesn't encourage the company to spend much more time on improving it.

mundo got clarity? explain to him how it benefits him in no way. don't rage at him. maybe it's his first time playing a champ with no mana pool, and he doesn't know how mundo's skills work.

zilean stacking defense and HP? explain to him why cooldown reduction is more useful to him. don't start calling him an idiot, he's probably just trying to not get killed by stacking defense.

if these guys have a better grasp on how to play the game, maybe you wouldn't have to que-dodge them anymore (yes, believe it or not, some of us haven't been playing DotA for 57 years, and we're new to this kind of game)? crazy thought, i know.