Queue Dodging = A Better Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devil May LOL

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryude View Post
Why play a game you already know you lost, that's not creating a challenge. All that does is create OP threads on the forums. Team composition is the single most important factor to winning games, even player skill does not contribute as much as team composition does. So when I see a team made up of 4 tanks, 4 casters, or something ******ed like that, I queue dodge.
I know I lost the game without trying.
I know I'm going to fail this exam I don't even need to do it. This exam so hard man I'm gonna be sitting duck for 3 hours might as well just skip it and get a 0 then.
I know we are going to fail this project because that jerk just won't do anything. Man even if we struggle and finish 50% of the project, it still sucks, let's just won't do anything and quit!
More examples?
I'm glad they are putting penalty for queue dodger soon.

TheMountainGoat

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
A friend and I did a little experiment, we both picked horrible champions (heimer/zilean, revive and smite/fortify) and then started saying ridiculous things in chat:

me: They're gonna freak out when I fort my lvl 3 turrets
him: Tank mode zilean engaged.
-
me: I'm afking this game, I don't feel like playing
him: guess I'll just pick random (revive)

etc etc

and in each lobby NO ONE DODGED US

They let the timer go to :00-setting up game before one of us dodged them.

I then add their names to a list of people to dodge in the future, clearly they are so witless and casual they don't even care if 1-2 players on their team are going to feed purposly/afk/caps lock/etc the whole game.
ITT: people que-dodging people who don't que-dodge.

TheHealingHammer

01-27-2010

First off I'd love to say that i like the game, and i hope not to sound too negative in my post. i only wish to give constructive criticism in all my posts.

The best "game" would be if they got rid of MM all together and made it like the old beta days. no MM or q just the "practice matchs".

I've always thought it was kind of lame that they made this q thing then said "hey if you don't wanna be forced to play with this or this person screw you because we reduced ip/xp from the better mode"

then all they would have to do is set a filter to filter out locked matchs. heck, we could even play TT then without ip/xp penalty's.

Remember, the more "choice" you take away from a player as well as the more "choice" you give penalty's to makes for a less enjoyable game.

people enjoy choice, choice is not real choice when you say. "you can choose to play without MM, but we will just give you jack in ip/xp for doing so."

tl:dr.
just scr@p the MM, practice matchs are "all" that's needed. Heck, ranked modes will still mean jack to "real" clans and competitive players, as they would want to pick and face their chosen opponents for glory or set up their own clan matchs/battle ladders.

Valdorn

01-27-2010

Actually, I've won a game with Warwick and a Heimer on my team, too.

Of course, the other team also had a Warwick, but still.
I can't stand queue dodgers because (since Karthus is my main) I have to deal with them a LOT.

Leon27607

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nickelstripper View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but I think queue dodging is great!!

It saves a lot of wasted time and frustration. Also, the more people that do it, the more pressure it puts on RIOT to fix the horrendous matchmaking system.

One tip I offer is to make a list of the folks who are awful in your games in word. Alphabetical is even better. From there you can do quick searches on names that ring a bell.

Another tip is to talk to your team. Say anything, like "who wants mid?" If a Warwick pops up and says he calls mid, you know what to do.

I have had a lot of success with this method. The Warwick I mentioned above called me a noob when I told him Ashe might be a better choice in the mid. So I left. Next game he ended up on the other team. He went 0/8/0. Mid indeed.

Good luck on your dodging. Tips appreciated.
That's why when my friend plays Udyr, he always calls mid and ends up carrying the team.

Onlyashadow

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Maybe they weren't reading the chat?

If you're taking 1:30 to arrange your masteries, champion, and summoner spells WITHOUT considering your team then you are probably bad at computers and/or LoL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firu View Post
Or maybe they just knew you were joking?

Maybe you missed the part where I said

"They let the timer go to :00-setting up game before one of us dodged them."

If they are willing to let the timer go to :00 without saying anything or queue dodging themselves, they are worthless as teammates.

Ryude

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHealingHammer View Post
First off I'd love to say that i like the game, and i hope not to sound too negative in my post. i only wish to give constructive criticism in all my posts.

The best "game" would be if they got rid of MM all together and made it like the old beta days. no MM or q just the "practice matchs".

I've always thought it was kind of lame that they made this q thing then said "hey if you don't wanna be forced to play with this or this person screw you because we reduced ip/xp from the better mode"

then all they would have to do is set a filter to filter out locked matchs. heck, we could even play TT then without ip/xp penalty's.

Remember, the more "choice" you take away from a player as well as the more "choice" you give penalty's to makes for a less enjoyable game.

people enjoy choice, choice is not real choice when you say. "you can choose to play without MM, but we will just give you jack in ip/xp for doing so."

tl:dr.
just s**** the MM, practice matchs are "all" that's needed. Heck, ranked modes will still mean jack to "real" clans and competitive players, as they would want to pick and face their chosen opponents for glory or set up their own clan matchs/battle ladders.
+1

Ryude

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXByakuyaXx View Post
I know I lost the game without trying.
I know I'm going to fail this exam I don't even need to do it. This exam so hard man I'm gonna be sitting duck for 3 hours might as well just skip it and get a 0 then.
I know we are going to fail this project because that jerk just won't do anything. Man even if we struggle and finish 50% of the project, it still sucks, let's just won't do anything and quit!
More examples?
I'm glad they are putting penalty for queue dodger soon.
Even if they do put a penalty for dodging, I'll still dodge. I'd rather not play at all than have to play a game with complete idiots. In fact, I bet you see more dodging once they penalize it.

Sushi the Potato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-27-2010

Only time I queue dodge is if a friend comes on and wants to play with me. There was one exception yesterday though, I asked if this guy was going to choose his character and he replies "It doesn't matter what I pick we're still going to lose." Can't blame me for leaving that one :P

Firu

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
If you're taking 1:30 to arrange your masteries, champion, and summoner spells WITHOUT considering your team then you are probably bad at computers and/or LoL.

Maybe you missed the part where I said

"They let the timer go to :00-setting up game before one of us dodged them."

If they are willing to let the timer go to :00 without saying anything or queue dodging themselves, they are worthless as teammates.

All you're doing is proving that you're as much an ass as they are inexperienced at the game. This isn't making you look better. Hopefully it at least makes -you- feel better.