A New Champion Approaches: Gragas, the Rabblerouser

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dafrekknpope

01-26-2010

I like the idea of this hero, this game has waaayyy too many attractive heros. Chogath and Mundo were getting lonely in the ugly corner

braxxous

01-26-2010

why...seriously that looks like 2 new heros in the up coming patch?? can we polish off some of the other ones that need it??? or maybe a new map or 3?

IFapForMoney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

FFS RIOT! It's so hard to NOT complain about this game. It's broken and you just keep adding champion after champion. At least add voip or ONE other map!! Everyone who played this game with me has given up with the game because of all the bugs and imbalances (it plays as if it's in beta) and lack of content (excluding heroes).

iNsAyNe

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsenDude View Post
Awesome looking hero, but man drunken rage sounds way too powerful already even without values. You do more damage, you take less damage, you get mana back, and due to the passive you also get health back. IT's like a universal buff ability that does everything lol
Wow, u delineated the basic mechanics of playing the character. Good job. Yet, for your insight you assume this skillset equates to imbalance? I scoff.

FéarBéar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Pandaren Brewmaster + Mountain King = Gragas, the Caskmaster

Little bit of Warcraft mathematics.

Royoken

01-26-2010

Christ, get him a shirt!

Zombie Irwin

01-26-2010

How do i do a barrel roll?

Saberin

01-26-2010

I think he looks pretty balanced, even without seeing the numbers. I really like the concept and junk to, JackCrow, would you fetch out the image of whatever player-art or whatever this guy is based off of for us?

I don't get why people are complaining about champions being added though, the people in charge of champion design are probably separate from the ones figuring out how they're going to introduce new maps and features.

And I don't think the existing heroes don't need crazy retuning, other than Yi needing highlander fixed so that it doesn't render him immune to the blind on Exhaust and poisons that're associated with slows, every champion in the game has a different playing style and they all seem effective enough at their roles to me.

cheeeya

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scykik View Post
Pandaren Brewmaster + Mountain King = Gragas, the Caskmaster

Little bit of Warcraft mathematics.
does seem a bit like pandaren brewmaster, but from his picture i might also throw in the alchemist from DOTA

and does this mean releasing 2 heroes in the next patch? i don't think that will be good because pretty much every new hero is OPed their first week of release until they are nerfed or toned down..

Sparkadia

01-26-2010

This seems like a hero idea I read from this very site. The keg rolling at least, in mechanic terms, is nigh the same. Is Riot taking a look at public ideas and basing Champions off those? I sure hope so! Gives me a glimmer of hope for those budding Champion-Idea people! Keep it up Riot!