A New Champion Approaches: Gragas, the Rabblerouser

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nabonidus

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhephiston View Post
ah, finally, we'll have another character to nickname "Fatass." One of the few things I miss from DotA was being able to yell "LET'S GET IT ON, FATASS!" while charging Pudge with a farmed/fed dps. Now I can do it again, and once again kill my roommates with laughter.
And now I'll have a character with whom to run around yelling "Beefcake! Beefcake! BEEEEEEFCAAAAAKE!"

I'm not fat. I'm buff. I'm so buff, I can barely fit on this bus.

Nokturnalex

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leito View Post
I find it really annoying how much people love to complain on the forums. They act like Riot is doing nothing right or like their doing a bad job. In fact Riot is doing a phenomenal job.

People who are complaining about us getting champions and how unoriginal they are "the seem to be like dota" Just for your info these guys made Dota so as far as I'm concerned they have every right. I'm also having a hard time understanding many of the balance complaints (well in a sense). Okay so yes their are some mild balancing issue but really they stem from maybe like 3 champions? Twitch is still lame as hell. I will agree to that, and it does bother me that any noob can do well with twitch because of it. Kat is still kind of op also sure.

But you read these forums and it's like this game is horrible when in fact like why would you complain about getting new content all the time. I mean okay yes we need maps badly but stop crying about it it's coming. Also bring on more champions there will be less repetition and more personalized champs for individuals.

Anyway that's what I think sorry if i offend anyone.
I think it's funny how many people don't know the history of dota.

Eul was the original creator, he had full possession of the map until Frozen Throne came out. He never created a Frozen Throne version of the game so Guinsoo took ownership by creating one. Along with him and a lot of the map making community more heroes and abilities were added to the game. (Even I had a small part in DoTA, I designed the Exorcism skill for the Death Prophet which Guinsoo added to the game.) For some reason Guinsoo lost ownership of DoTA to Icefrog who added a few more heroes. I think it's funny that out of all the creators of DoTA the last creator who added the least was the one who got a job at Blizzard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

I think I actually have an unlocked version of DoTA on my old harddrive. Eul wasn't overly protective of his map.

DoTA was basically created by the DoTA community I don't think 1 person can really claim they "created" DoTA, unless that person is Eul.

T0ggle

01-29-2010

Wish you guys would post rp/ip costs with these champion anouncements.
Also, whens the next patch? does it really take 2weeks to release something you guys already made for the game?
I remember hearing somwhere riot will be releasing content slowly as LoL progress's but I kinda thought we'd have ranked matchs by now, or at the very least some new maps added to the normal match making.
Tired of the same summoners rift, and the lack of patchs every week.

Mythrem

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBayHarborButcher View Post
FFS RIOT! It's so hard to NOT complain about this game. It's broken and you just keep adding champion after champion. At least add voip or ONE other map!! Everyone who played this game with me has given up with the game because of all the bugs and imbalances (it plays as if it's in beta) and lack of content (excluding heroes).
Well, the game is free...just come back a bit later and see if things have changed.

I personally have not paid a dime (sorry Riot) for this game, but I am having a heck of a time playing it. I have gotten friends to play as well (who have ended up paying some, you are welcome Riot, hehe) who really enjoy the game. Yes, there are some imbalances, but to be honest all games have these kind of problems. Riot does attempt balances in their main patches, sometimes they help sometimes they don't...

Just thank your lucky stars that Cryptic isn't running the show, or you'd be ****ed.

GoGoGadget

01-29-2010

As said before, this hero is not original. While his spells may not be similar to the pandaren brewmasters in dota, the reality is he is still a random drunk guy that throws booze at people, surely there is some other hero idea.....

and,
first skill = anivia's first skill (identical even)
2nd skill = similar to Yi's meditation
3rd skill = similar to Poppy's charge combined with Malphite's ultimate
ultimate = very similar to Engineer's (from HoN) first skill

And the other new hero has nidallees spear, poppys charge..... The reason people are now converting from DotA to this is that DotA is still running on wc3, the graphics are worse, and everyone has played DotA for years and years.
Riot aren't active, they should be working on balancing some heroes (twitch, yi etc). Putting out maps and getting VOIP into this game. Yes, there is such a thing as vent, but it is so much easier to use an in-game voip, who actually bothers to tell everyone on their team their vent address every game? And not everyone has vent anyway, what if you're playing solo?
As said before, heroes like Udyr are great fun to play because of their original concept. For a game that was built from scratch, there are so many similarities to dota...
Heroes; Blitzcrank = Pudge (hook, aoe, few second disable), Singed = Alchemist +warlock (aoe slow, stat ulti, poison), Ashe is obviously based off drow, Heim = tinker with turrets (rocket that auto-targets more than one enemy, blinding aoe spell, reduces cooldowns with his ulti), warwick = strygwyr (lifesteal, spot low health enemies etc), Evelyn = riki (invis, backstab), Tryndamere is similar to yurnero + abbadon (spin + invuln ulti) etc etc etc etc etc.

The point is, when you bring out 2 new heroes, which both have a charge and abilities/concepts very similar to other heroes, you are not really improving the game. Think of DotA for example. What two heroes have very similar spells? Yes, a few nukes here and there are similar, some have crit.... But they are all different, and in DotA, because of the amount of heroes, you are able to have different heroes on each team, whereas in LoL, I have played against teams where they have shaco, yi, twitch and ashe, and we do also; thats not variety in a game like this, which doesn't have all the constraints of wc3. Anyway, thanks for reading.

OniKedamono

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnalex View Post
For some reason Guinsoo lost ownership of DoTA to Icefrog who added a few more heroes.
I think I remember something about there was an argument in the group of guys doing dota stuff and for some reason Guinsoo ended up quitting from it. I'm not sure, I just remember being told that at the time, and wondering why he'd quit when I thought he was the head guy of DOTA Allstars.

That being said, I think it'd be cool if there was another Eul's item made in kind of an homage to him. Just like Eul's Scepter before. We went from Guisoo having a Scythe of Vise to a Rageblade... be cool for us old players if we saw some Eul referencing item I'd think.

I was thinking about how some complain about his charge. It's too late to change now probably unless they do it in a future patch like when they redid Ryze... But maybe they could change the look and description. Or a little of how it works. Such as when he hits, the reason everyone is slowed is his ale spills everywhere. Or to change the mechanic, the ale spills everywhere and those in the ale are slowed while in the ale... due to slipping I guess.

Either way it'll be great fun to see this guy when he comes out. He reminds me of a friend's brother who used to be really wild and rough. He's really tall (like 6'3") and really big (like lots of fat and muscle). At some party he got really drunk and some guy pushed him and tried to start ****. His reaction was he got really pissed and picked up the keg and threw it at the guy. So yeah.... BARREL ROLL. Haha.

And ugh, browser crashed after I typed a lot before. Still a lot now but rushed and probably badly worded in places, oh well, didn't want to write it all again that much.

/long post

Femme Fatalee

01-29-2010

I think there can be a vampirella champion.
Here is abilities:

-A dark cyle which protect her for 8 second.
- Attack speed for a short period.
- She increaces phsycal damage for 5 second.
-She slows enemies for a short period.
-She bites an enemy champion from neck.

Demonicle

01-29-2010

nice champions xD

MercTroop

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnalex View Post
I think it's funny how many people don't know the history of dota.

Eul was the original creator, he had full possession of the map until Frozen Throne came out. He never created a Frozen Throne version of the game so Guinsoo took ownership by creating one. Along with him and a lot of the map making community more heroes and abilities were added to the game. (Even I had a small part in DoTA, I designed the Exorcism skill for the Death Prophet which Guinsoo added to the game.) For some reason Guinsoo lost ownership of DoTA to Icefrog who added a few more heroes. I think it's funny that out of all the creators of DoTA the last creator who added the least was the one who got a job at Blizzard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

I think I actually have an unlocked version of DoTA on my old harddrive. Eul wasn't overly protective of his map.

DoTA was basically created by the DoTA community I don't think 1 person can really claim they "created" DoTA, unless that person is Eul.
Dota is just a improved version of AOS and it's various spin offs. Removal of runes, and adding of item combination made DOtA more balanced. Which made people play it more. Aos was just a copy of a custom map they imported from SC.

While the name DOTA might be original to Eul. He did not invent the DOTA style game. Every thing in dota can be traced back to various custom maps in Reign of chaos.

Edit: I've been around bnet since wc3 launched and saw evolution of this game. I'm glad LoL is the next step.

Haha this hero almost feels like I'm looking in a mirror. I look forward to taking him for a spin soon.

deton8r

01-29-2010

For those of you who keep COMPLAINING about freakin' similarities in LoL to DoTa...

What do you **** expect for a game thats supposed to be BASED ON IT... Complaining about how blitz is like pudge and so on, who frickin cares!! Maybe people WANT to continue playing those type of characters.. change it too much and it isnt exactly the game DoTa converts were looking for anymore.

I'm thinking if you have so much to disagree about theres always hello kitty adventures online or something that might suit your tastes.