Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Since Riot Can't Do Math - How to Fix IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hueho

02-17-2011

Quote:
SlyGoat:
Tryndamere,

FIRE

EVERYONE

Undying Unemployment!

SlyGoat

02-17-2011

Quote:
Cyath:
This is not and has never been the way IP has been calculated.
Please refer to my thread here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=6290548#post6290548
Please don't spread misinformation on this subject. It reflects badly on the community and turns off prospective players.

he is not saying that is the way it is or was, he is saying that is the way it should be

please don't reply to topics without reading or fully understanding them. it reflects badly on the community and makes you look like a ****.

ryoushi19

02-17-2011

Quote:
Cyath:
This is not and has never been the way IP has been calculated.
Please refer to my thread here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=6290548#post6290548
Please don't spread misinformation on this subject. It reflects badly on the community and turns off prospective players.

You're right, it's not.
It's what he's proposing the new system should be.

Herpaderp.

SnafuFubar

02-17-2011

Seems to me all they have to do is add the +23ish no leaver bonus to the base IP since they took away the bonus and the numbers would be about right. The loss of that bonus is why the numbers seems so off. With the bonus added in you would be looking at around 100 IP for a 25 min game which isnt to bad.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

02-17-2011

I appreciate Trynd's comment.

Nicholbert

02-17-2011

If it isn't broke - why try to fix it?

I don't see why they messed with the IP/XP rewards at all. Now they've got another large ****storm hanging over their heads with very little in the way of backup on empirical data evidence.

If they are satisfied with their change then fine - reduce the IP costs of your champs and runes then please. At least scale the benefit of the reward of the IP (reduced or not) that is earned.

I haven't even played since they fixed the IP issue late last night/early this morning, and I am really disheartened that it is resolved completely.

My Junk Chain

02-17-2011

Quote:
Black Fire Demon:
here is a little more math for them. if u win u get about 100 ip right? well lets see, i want to get 3 dodge quins for jax. cost 2100 per, so 2100x3=6300 ip needed. that means i will need 63 wins for them, 30 minust games means 31.5 hours of play IF u had 30 minut games AND win the game, FOR ONLY 3 RUNES that is just one build for one champion so what if u are trying to get more champs, also what if u are trying to buy the 6100 champ, and a full set of runes for him. how are you sapost to play THAT much.

dont forget to add in queing for games, losses from leavers and afkers, thats 31 hours if you win every single one and thats not going to happen.

Atreties

02-17-2011

Quote:
SlyGoat:
he is not saying that is the way it is or was, he is saying that is the way it should be

please don't reply to topics without reading or fully understanding them. it reflects badly on the community and makes you look like a ****.

<3

Atreties

02-17-2011

bump

Atreties

02-18-2011

Bump for the new stupidity of Zilias.