Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Since Riot Can't Do Math - How to Fix IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZOMBOCOMB

02-17-2011

OP, your equation leaves out the 5 minutes* they allocate for queues, champion selection, and loading. So if they are using a 40 minute game as the average, that means that 105 IP is awarded for 45 minutes of time, and then IP scales (linearly?) with game time + 5 minutes.

*I think somebody said it was 5 minutes.

Cyath

Recruiter

02-17-2011

Quote:
Atreties:

Anyway, make every game a simple algebraic equasion based on those 2 sets of numbers. Dont understand what i mean? Here's the formula and an example afterwards:

X/35 = Y/105, Where X = minutes played in the game, and Y will be the IP earned for that game.

Let's say you have a 70 minute game.

70m/35 = 210IP/105

That way, you get lots of IP for winning a long, drawn out game. LOTS of it. Big number. Everyone happy.

By the same token, lets say you have a 20-min surrender

m/35 = 60IP/105

You get much less IP for the quick, easy win.

Also, the same equation can be used for the losses

This is not and has never been the way IP has been calculated.
Please refer to my thread here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=6290548#post6290548
Please don't spread misinformation on this subject. It reflects badly on the community and turns off prospective players.

x OZ x

Recruiter

02-17-2011

things are worst like it or not, 2 victories and 2 losses for 265 IP today vs 356 IP yesterday.
not to mention an average of 30 IP less each practice game.

so in my last 7 games (3 custom+ 2 wins+2 losses solo queue) i lost already 190 IP

DanielFolston

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

You're Mother fuking kidding me ????? INCRESE THE IP GAIN ... IT IS LESS

FML l2Math Pl0x

Srly 65 ip for a victory IS ******ED

Xianio

02-17-2011

You know, I'm inclined to agree with the OP but I just can't make myself.

The guys just a ****. Point good; delivery terrible.

JapaneseBearDad

02-17-2011

As long as Ip gain is at least a good as it was before the patch, I will be happy with that. Any increase is welcome. People better not complain that the increase for longer games is too low after this patch. They should just be happy they aren't getting 50% less ip.

thekegman

02-17-2011

Quote:
JapaneseBearDad:
As long as Ip gain is at least a good as it was before the patch, I will be happy with that. Any increase is welcome. People better not complain that the increase for longer games is too low after this patch. They should just be happy they aren't getting 50% less ip.

There will be qq'ers. There always are.

Katalopia

02-17-2011

It's pretty obvious people... Riot wants the free loaders to leave.

This game is now only for people who buy everything that Riot pumps out. Have fun buying champions and skins for 3 years. Maybe before we get a new president in the United States you will get Magma Chamber, Replays, and Observer Mode. Don't get your hopes up though, I've been waiting for 2 years on some of those features.

eSWA1Oow4ufYmDRT

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

So, we re gonna get another 11 hour maintenance to fix something that is absurdly obvious to fix with simple mathematics. Your company sir keeps disappointing me, day by day.....

SlyGoat

02-17-2011

Tryndamere,

FIRE

EVERYONE