Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Since Riot Can't Do Math - How to Fix IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BC Josh

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

How long does it take you guys to do the SIMPLE math? The IP gains ARE SIGNIFICANTLY lower on average. So please stop talking and start fixing!!!

sainen

02-17-2011

how about having the old amount of ip as a flat amount of ip gained, then start increasing the ip after the game length of 40min is reached.

Frnak

02-17-2011

Quote:
DrDragun:
Your equation is strange. Just multiply both sides by 35 so it's less overwrought.

X=Y/3 is the same as X/35=Y/105. Stop trying to sound extra smart by padding your equation with more junk.

You can also make it scale non-linearly or at least add a base 15-20 IP as a foundation for time spent in the queue. Also Riot has people from MIT and top engineering schools... I'm sure anything they do is deliberate when it comes to math.

^

SoberToaster

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

lol "we don't know the average length of our own game"
yea doubt it. the IP tweak/bug was throwing a bone and from what i hear it's STILL not where it was before (which was still pitiful with all your 6300 champions coming out), and it's insulting how riot thinks the community is stupid.

(inb4 banned for quote president)

Ursalgodon

02-17-2011

This is actually a pretty ******ed post.

What's with the 35/105 ****? Some people have already pointed out that this is identical to multiplying by 3. You assumed an average of 35 minutes to 105 IP - but you didn't even use math on your own equation to simplify it!

It assumes the average game length based on data that's about 9 months old.

Your attitude reminds me of that moron who was forgiven 10,000 talents but threw the man who owed him a denarius into jail.

I think we should downvote him, guys.

ayanaftw

Recruiter

02-17-2011

the problem is the base IP for winning is lowered

let me make an analogy. Say your getting paid $10 an hour. doing your 40 hr work week.

all of a sudden management says. you're now getting paid $7 an hour but if you do overtime we'll give you $15 an hour for the overtime hours. no company would do this obviously. but thats whats happening with IP atm. we're getting less for the short games. and we only see the benefits if we play more than we have to.

if Riot really wants to make this painless and actually help us get more IP like they are claiming then let us get ~100 IP for 25 min games and scale more IP based on that.

SnafuFubar

02-17-2011

So heres what I dont get a loss used to give 72 IP roughly. Now I just won a game where they surrendered at 25mins and got 71 IP. So under the new system wins give less IP then losses used to?

Captain Taco

02-17-2011

@OP : stop using that stupid signature. You aren't supposed to use signatures here, especially to promote a crappy blog.

thekegman

02-17-2011

Quote:
Ursalgodon:
This is actually a pretty ******ed post.

What's with the 35/105 ****? Some people have already pointed out that this is identical to multiplying by 3. You assumed an average of 35 minutes to 105 IP - but you didn't even use math on your own equation to simplify it!

It assumes the average game length based on data that's about 9 months old.

Your attitude reminds me of that moron who was forgiven 10,000 talents but threw the man who owed him a denarius into jail.

I think we should downvote him, guys.

Agreed. It assumes an average time for matches, which results in less IP for games won in 25 minutes (75 IP) compared to the previous system (~105). Why should good players be punished for winning games quickly?

Cpt Qc

02-17-2011

Quote:
GoreGasmic:
Custom Games shouldn't give any IP imo.

Farming custom games was the most reliable source of IP, not having to put up with repeated loses and such. You could get a good 70 IP in 11-13 minutes.

If this -25% really is intended, I'd be pissed. I can't spend my whole free time playing but I still want to buy champions and such without spending money. This is what made LoL so popular, the fact that you are not disadvantaged by people paying money.

I would probably play much less if it didnt become a viable option again.