Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Since Riot Can't Do Math - How to Fix IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ryoushi19

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

"If they are less"? It sounds like you're doubting us. Especially with that capitalization. We do have something to fear because if you don't understand basic math and refuse to acknowledge that the IP gains are actually less, you logically wouldn't increase them, and from this post, it seems like we do have something to fear. Please, give the community what we want - an apology, and an acknowledgment that the situation is not "the system might be broken", but "the system IS broken".

realgirl

02-17-2011

Any time there's a change on stuff like this... ofc people are going to complain.

But I agree with the math here. Why was 40 minutes chosen? A lot of games are over at the surrender mark, because people just tend to realize they can't win. Why isn't normal IP granted at the surrender mark? It was basically a nerf, because I could get 100 IP for making a team surrender. Now it's in my best interest just to string the game out longer.

In-fact I wouldn't be surprised if this system simply resulted in teams not giving a **** and letting games go on for hours. Is there a cap in place to prevent this?

Atreties

02-17-2011

bump

Lemano

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

i saw this same quote from another post...**** bro you ctrl+ving every post that has a problem with IP?

Tryndamere in his office: huehuehuehuehuehue victory

Subwin

02-17-2011

i jsut played a 30 min game and get 70 ip.... ( i won this game)

Pinith

02-17-2011

72 IP (58 base + 14 'matched' bonus) for winning a 23min game. This is less than I would have gotten before for losing a 25min game.

edit: 40min is definitely not the average game length for any mid-high elo player. I think at low elos games tend to go on longer, but its the mid-high elo players that get pissed when their IP gains are hit so hard, so Riot really needs to set the average based on the actual 30-35min average

Black Fire Demon

02-17-2011

here is a little more math for them. if u win u get about 100 ip right? well lets see, i want to get 3 dodge quins for jax. cost 2100 per, so 2100x3=6300 ip needed. that means i will need 63 wins for them, 30 minust games means 31.5 hours of play IF u had 30 minut games AND win the game, FOR ONLY 3 RUNES that is just one build for one champion so what if u are trying to get more champs, also what if u are trying to buy the 6100 champ, and a full set of runes for him. how are you sapost to play THAT much.

MindlessLegend

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:

Yah but you wont increase them for another 3 months most likely.

Hotsoup

02-17-2011

Quote:
MindlessLegend:
Yah but you wont increase them for another 3 months most likely.

No way Bro they will do it SOON.

Just like all their other important game changing bug fixes that need to be addressed SOON.

And Replays. etc.

Fluxform

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:

The goal was to keep them near the same correct?

Which makes the change utterly pointless unless it was to reduce the gains overall.

It's really not that hard to figure out.