Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Since Riot Can't Do Math - How to Fix IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steel Rain

02-17-2011

Quote:
Easy Flow:
I like how Tryndamere gets straight to the point and isn't a smart-ass like some reds can be. I guess that is why he is president.

Yes, exactly.

GoreGasmic

02-17-2011

Quote:
Malduk:
Btw, custom games give -25%, as opposed to -10% before. How is that "not supposed" to be lower?

Custom Games shouldn't give any IP imo.

GodlikeSnake

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

No offence, but Riot's track record with getting the numbers right on things is abysmal.

The whole scenario just screams poorly thought out and poorly executed. Not some innocuous error. Why would you decide on a 40 minute "break even" point (even that seems debatable) when it is a known fact that the avreage game takes less time AND the implementation of an earlier surrender time in the same patch.

Basically when your opponents surrender at 20, it is screwing you out of IP.

Also the drastic reduction in all practice game IP gains wasn't counterbalanced at all.

Tyhan

02-17-2011

Quote:
GodlikeSnake:
No offence, but Riot's track record with getting the numbers right on things is abysmal.

The whole scenario just screams poorly thought out and poorly executed. Not some innocuous error. Why would you decide on a 40 minute "break even" point (even that seems debatable) when it is a known fact that the avreage game takes less time AND the implementation of an earlier surrender time in the same patch.

Basically when your opponents surrender at 20, it is screwing you out of IP.

When you said known fact you meant known idiocy and incorrectness. Their break even point is spot-on. And the whole point of this change in IP gain is to encourage people to keep playing instead of surrendering.

PrimalHatred

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

You're at least trying to mitigate the disaster that is this patch, so I'll give you credit there, but I'm a little appalled that this happened at all. Riot has the data on how long matches last and how matches are distributed over those game times. Riot has the formulas for IP gains. Nothing more than some high-school algebra should be required to balance the new formula against the old.

Riot has had all the data to figure this out for a long time. We shouldn't need to give feedback or to wait -- someone should've been able to properly calculate this in the first place. There is nothing necessary to correct this that Riot does not already have. Somebody at Riot screwed up their job, badly.

azhag1

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:

To be honest, I play since more than a year and I've found that the game is going a little more made to earn more money (Riot). BUT THAT'S NORMAL. You're a private company, not really big and I'm proud to support you (over 120$ in RP).

You guys are very comprehensive, listening to us everyday on the forum but people doesn't seem to understand that you can't do all the things at once, it takes time, money etc. I totally support you and yes I do expect you to hotfix this new IP system, but it'll take few time and it's fine.

I'll repeat it again I totally support you and I enjoy the way you answer fast to people even if they are yelling.

Coldfyrre

02-17-2011

Games should have a minimum ip gain (the old ip system) but after they reach a certain time threshold start to become worth more.

Atreties

02-17-2011

updated with new content.

ArlanKels

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:

So I glanced at most of your posts, thanks to the DevTracker(God I love that thing) and I noticed that you stated, or at least admitted(Or hinted?) at the fact that the old IP rewards should be roughly acquired at the 40 minute mark of a match.

However surrender can happen at 20 minutes, and some games can end prior to the 20 minute mark. As such those people are receiving "reduced gains" since their games never get anywhere close to the necessary 40 minutes to gain the same amount of IP as before.

Now I understand you can't give stuff away for free non-stop, and I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt to you, it's just that you either will have "reduced gains" if you base a potentially twenty minute match on a 40 minute required window for you to gain the old gains.

Am I making sense here?

SeedDynames

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:

turn the system back to how it was before, if you cant figure out how to fix it. DO NOT LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FOR WEEKS UNTIL YOU FIX IT. Nobody is happy with this system, Keeping it like this is insulting.