Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Since Riot Can't Do Math - How to Fix IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ataraxia Hollow

02-17-2011

^ahahjahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

Easy Flow

02-17-2011

I like how Tryndamere gets straight to the point and isn't a smart-ass like some reds can be. I guess that is why he is president.

Mordliss

02-17-2011

I agree with this post! This would be excellent. Tryn ITS OBVIOUS IT IS LESS AN THAT IT IS A PROBLEM HOW MANY TIMES ARE U GONNA SAY THE SAME THING. READ THE FORUMS. EVERYONE IS SAYING THEY ARE GETTING REDUCED IP...

Atreties

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

Well, they are. Want proof. Go play some games. Or at least listen to the people that are telling you it IS LESS, instead of coming here and saying it SHOULDNT be. And I don't know who made the equation for the new IP system or what the hell the reason was for it, but why in the heck would it be the way it was in the first place. Hell, a college freshman could code the equation I just gave and it would have taken, what, 5 minutes to figure out and 2 games to test?

Come on....

kNocturn

Recruiter

02-17-2011

ctrl+v'd

Tyhan

02-17-2011

Average game is a bit longer than 35 minutes.

Malduk

02-17-2011

Btw, custom games give -25%, as opposed to -10% before. How is that "not supposed" to be lower?

Lactic Acidosis

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple

I actually like this quote, it made me smile...

BlastedBarnacles

02-17-2011

Quote:
Tryndamere:
Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place.

The problem is, our patience is wearing thin because of previous promises asking for our patience. The community has been waiting for quite a number of promises made by Riot. I'm sure I don't have to cite examples.

Si Prodigy

02-17-2011

Quote:
emptyopen:
I wonder if it was careless or deliberate. It would be the difference between whether Riot will survive or not. Riot got where they are today by being good people who made a game for fans. If greed gets its roots in too deeply, consequences will never be the same.

I rarely give Riot the benefit of the doubt anymore, so i'm gonna say deliberate; Phreak was on Eu forums attempting to Justify the changes before this announcement of it being a "bug"