Best Support Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KTangerine

01-26-2010

Currently, I play Nunu, but he's getting kinda old. The only major buff that helps out my teammates is blood boil, which is very useful especially when u have major CD reduction and can get it on like 3 teammates. But i wanna try a new character, and play full time support champion? Who do you think is the best support character? Sivir? (I don't want to play Kayle cause it seems the only reason why she's good support because of her ulti :\)

PatMcGroyne

01-26-2010

Sivir you can go full support. If you get bored build DPS and you can still support as well as kill a lot in team fights.

Shatterlight

01-26-2010

I main Fiddlesticks. He has a 3 second fear, and a spell that bounces between 11 targets at max rank, putting a 2 second silence on each. He may not be support in the way you think of it, but disablers are very much support characters.

Otherwise, the "best" support character depends on the team you play with. Sivir is a safe choice, works well with any physical carry, and has good pushing/farming ability. You wouldn't be mistaken picking them, but just letting you know, there ARE other methods of support besides tanking and buffing.

KTangerine

01-26-2010

what are ur opinions of morgana, zilean, and soroka?

BRB FARMING TOP

01-26-2010

If I go support, I generally play as Soraka, only because she can give teammates mana, as well as silence enemies AND heal, as well as a decent AOE for early leveling.

I only stopped playing as her because there would be too many OMGWTF KILL STEAL!!11!1!! moments, resulting in not many kills, but absurd amounts of assists.

Noctred

01-26-2010

For teams built around physical damage, pushing, and early wins - Taric and Sivir are probably the best support champions in the game. Taric is hurt by Executioner's Calling, but is powerful nonetheless.

Otherwise, Kayle and Morgana are both solid for their potentially fight-breaking shields. Zilean is solid, but requires probably the most micro of any other support champion (i.e. not easy to play well).

I'm not a fan of Soraka at all.

Shatterlight

01-26-2010

Like pweenz0r said, Soraka can be good, for the reasons he said I would assume, but I havn't played her much myself.

Zilean is one I have played. His Time Bombs make for great earlygame harassment, and on poorly prepared teams can net you some kills. Rewind gives him the ability to nuke, and brings his support abilities back up quickly. Time Warp gives a speed boost for 3-7 seconds, or can be used on an enemy to slow them. This can rescue a teammate, or ensure ganks. His passive, Enhanced Learning, is 8% XP gained for your entire team. A small benefit, but nonetheless helpful. His ultimate takes great planning to use. It puts a 15 second buff on a teammate, and if they die with it on, they revive at a decent amount of health.

Overall, I think Zilean is a solid support, but Sivir brings more to a physical heavy team. Zilean's strengths lie in his earlygame harassment and being able to deny the enemy team a couple kills if played well. Most call him one of the few underpowered champions because while he isn't a bad champion, others can do his job better.

I don't have enough experience with Morgana to discuss her, except to say she can easily be the worst champion you have ever seen, but also be the one to turn the tide of battle towards your own team. Very skill dependant.

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Soraka brings nothing to the team except for her heal, which is easily countered by executioners calling.

Taric or Sivir as mentioned are hands down the best support champions in the game. Even though Taric may function similarly to Soraka as a healer upon first glance, he actually brings much more to the team.

His Shatter Aura gives a nice boost in armour for the entire team. His easily spammable stun is quite invaluable, but his ulti is what makes or breaks a Taric. The constant heal over time is nice, but the boost in damage to the whole team is ridiculous.

Sivir like Taric is known for her ulti, which provides a nice boost in movement speed and attack speed to allies.

Gurtjan

02-23-2010

well, i've played zil quit some time now, he's really helpfull, timing takes practice. as well on clicking on theright target for your ulti. however, if you get early kills, you can easily become the most dangerous. you can use your ulti 2ce in teambattles, do sick damage with bombs, and most of the time escape without losing your stacks.

However he REALLY relies on a team that understands how to play with him. if they fail to get the point of your ulti, you die, get ganked and become of little use (compared with a better team) ulti can be used in defence and attack.

though i just bought soroka and wouldn't know abuot her, gonne try her now 8)

IceDive

02-23-2010

In terms of fun to play I vouch for morgana. None of her skills are easy to use. Her snare is a skillshot, her shield is most effective when timed just before/during someone else casts a spell (cast it too soon and they will jsut switch target), and her AOE has to be placed well (best is to have them run into it and stun them while in the middle for full effect). Also pulling of her ultimate is harder than with Nunu since it has much ess slow effect, but the echoing damage and stun can be gamechanging.

If you master her, she is awesome. And since she is actually not that easy to master, you ca have a lot of fun playing her.