Pando Media Booster; Uncool.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyybukk

08-12-2012

This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS.

I have NEVER hit my upload/download caps, until I installed League... and I had been wondering why I have for the last few months. I will be contacting my ISP to find out exactly what has been happening, and what should I do if I find out this is the reason?

Is Riot prepared to refund people for the money they've been duped into spending to host the game? I NEVER ACCEPTED to install this virus of a program, and it ends up costing me?

How about a response from some reds on this issue?

Not a Cobra

01-17-2013

Bump, haven't bumped in a long time, but thought I ought to.
I have reinstalled League on a new computer, curiously, I cannot find Pando.
Looking to know if this means Riot has removed it, and I hope they have, or just if it's under a new pseudonym.

Many Much Mooses

01-20-2013

I just downloaded League on my desktop, and Pando was fairly easy to find in my "add remove programs" population. I'm not the biggest fan of Pando, but I'm not overly disgruntled with it. That being said, I did my research before I installed the game on my pc (I was a Mac user prior) and I knew of it's existence.If there was more knowledge of the program's installation shared by Riot prior to the initial download I wouldn't see too much of a problem with it, as it's simple enough to research and subsequently delete.

Kageromero

02-01-2013

Pando has costed me over 30 bucks already thanks to its ghost uploading even when im not playing league, this is just disgusting. It may be fine for americans who dont have bandwith caps but thanks to pando now I wont be able to do anything for a week and be charged extra, it really is flat out theft.

Whats worse is this company even supporting this in the first place, i regret ever spending money on LoL now.

ChrissyTheDragon

07-25-2013

I originally noticed this when I first started playing. However, I thought that it was required and ignored it. Thanks to reddit & this thread, I now know it's not required and I was never told by Riot that they did this.

My girlfriend and I live under the same roof, and we both play League of Legends. That means for the past year or so we've both been seeding without consent. That's a lot of weight on our bandwidth. No wonder we spike so much, and no wonder our internet is so damn slow all the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was related to the lag I've been seeing others have in my games. 3 games today have I had people who literally could not play because of bad lag. I know this is something that Comcast users have been having issues with, but I've asked the laggers if they are Comcast users. Most of them said no. Now, I'm speculating here, so don't quote me on it. But it's possible this has something to do with it.

Wiccancowboy

08-07-2013

I'm a new LoLer, and I'm seriously considering uninstalling the game now. I downloaded it, and got the Pando Media Booster thing with it, but didn't realize it was there. It has been steadily seeding GIGABYTES out. My bandwidth is through the roof, and it's only the 7th of the month!!! Are you guys doing anything to compensate those of us that get screwed by this?

Burger Betty

08-09-2013

TOTAL SCUMBAGGERY on Riot's part! This piece of **** program uploaded 39.5 GB of data in just one day! For Americans this might not be a big deal, but I'm Canadian with a 500 GB bandwidth limit per month. If I exceed that limit I'm charged $2.50 per GB!

Can't believe the level of scumbaggery with this. Riot, you are really something else. I just recently upgraded my internet plan to 500 GB, too - previously I had 60 GB per month which would have been exceeded in two days with this stupid program and could have costed me hundreds of dollars in fees! GET REAL! SCUMBAGS!

elvenchakra

08-30-2013

I've been trying to figure out why my lag was so bad for months, and found out about this. I had actually uninstalled PMB on another computer during one of my "my computer is slow, must remove all programs that I don't know what they are" phases.
Every other program I've installed that's had other programs that come with it has given you the option not to install them.
All this stuff about "it's in the EULA" is bs. It doesn't matter if it's in the EULA, it's 3rd party software that remains in the background, doing things, while the program you intended to download ISN'T EVEN RUNNING.

xXAlphaqueXx

12-25-2013

pleas help it says pan-do media booster 1451

xXAlphaqueXx

12-25-2013

how do i fix failed to launched application?