Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pando Media Booster; Uncool.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My Oh Myke

02-02-2012

If you are going to require me to install Pando, whether I want to or not, can you at least make it install the right version? It wasn't until I went into Control Panel looking to uninstall it that I saw it installed Pando (32-bit) on my 64-bit system. =\ I'd rather it steal my bandwidth here and there -- I never really noticed a problem before, and I've been playing since Summer 2011 -- but everytime I clicked on anything related to League of Legends, i was bombarded by a constant stream of "You're a moron and installed the wrong version so this DLL is invalid" error boxes until I rebooted. >.>;

I had to go download a stand-alone installer from a non-official website to get the game to even install, because the official installer couldn't run without the right version of Pando. =\

Presumably because it installed the wrong version, and from within the LoL installer, there was no Pando in the add/remove programs list, so I manually deleted the files myself. =< Personally, I never really noticed any bandwidth/lag problems at all with PMB. Now that it's gone, I'll see if my ping goes even lower. ^^

Not a Cobra

02-08-2012

Quote:
My Oh Myke:

Presumably because it installed the wrong version, and from within the LoL installer, there was no Pando in the add/remove programs list, so I manually deleted the files myself. =< Personally, I never really noticed any bandwidth/lag problems at all with PMB. Now that it's gone, I'll see if my ping goes even lower. ^^

It's more of a problem for countries like australia where we are charged for uploads and have their speed reduced respective to downloads, meaning having pando constantly uploading severely hinders our ability to ping.

Stallingard

02-18-2012

BUMP. I just uninstalled Pando.
People, see this thread please!

basuraus

02-22-2012

Bump. Haven't gone through all the pages of this thread but has a Riot spokesperson said anything in response?

Not a Cobra

03-14-2012

Quote:
basuraus:
Bump. Haven't gone through all the pages of this thread but has a Riot spokesperson said anything in response?

yes they have, but it wasn't totally satisfactory.

Tsusa

04-15-2012

This is still happening, I can confirm it. Randomly uploads once in a while, puts my ping to 500. I don't know how to produce it though.

BlobPower

04-15-2012

Why exactly don't you just deinstall Pando after you installed LoL?

HaaBaltz

05-26-2012

I just wants to say, that i think PMB is a genius program,

I was just Downloading LOL on my brothers brand new computer when i noticed it was downloading at speeds like 8000 KB a second, when usaly my internet dont give me more than 1000 KB a second,

PMB was loading files from my conputer to my brothers computer, giving me the 2 GB download in 5-6 minutes

MaxDestructus

05-29-2012

This is the stuff that lawsuits are made of. Riot makes the customers agree to ToS, but what about them behaving ethically, where do they state any of their responsibilities? It seems like their ToS are just there to make an impression of legitimacy, but it's for a show. Or is it protecting themselves while screwing over the customers?

The lol.launcher.exe also behaves suspiciously - trying to take control of every running program in memory including anti-virus, though it's not infected by any virus, and there are no viruses on my pc. PMB I've disabled from autostart first thing after install, but despite that somehow it was still eating my bandwidth, only discovered and rectified recently. The more I see of this, the more dodgy it looks. I've never seen this amount of suspicious behavior from anything that's supposed to be as innocuous as an online game, including many other free online games. I'm suspecting that PMB might only be a part of it.

Jafagasa

08-12-2012

This is unacceptable, I been having net issues for the past month or so, having a hard time voice chatting, playing games.. god forbid skype video chat. spent that month blaming it on my ISP, only to find out that this program has been running in the background uploading at 1mb/s! this seanky program was literally HOGGING my entire network connection! My friend i been try to get to play LOL hasn't even been able to play because he has such tremendous lag.. and guess what the cause was... Pando media booster. Riot I normally applaud your business model, but this is unacceptable and just not right, regardless of weather or not this is illegal, this is immoral, and shady. I recommend EVERYONE to un install this, maybe if we get enough people to stop using it it will become useless and riot will have to ditch it anyway *dreams*

Just for clarification, Pando does NOT benefit the game in any other way aside from the installer, it does NOT contribute to patches, and it does NOT contribute to anything ingame, infact it does the opposite, if your net is slow enough it will induce lag ingame

very disappointed riot, and here I thought you guys were actually a decent company. Shame..