Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pando Media Booster; Uncool.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not a Cobra

02-17-2011

Notes;
Updated OP to include posts from this thread so new readers don't have to trawl through the whole thing to learn important information.

Mordwyrhta

02-17-2011

Simple solution: uninstall and stop playing.

Not a Cobra

02-17-2011

Quote:
Mordwyrhta:
Simple solution: uninstall and stop playing.

Constructive.

On a somewhat relevant note;
There are some games which use a Similar Program known as "Akami Net Session" or "net helper" or something.
It's essentially the game thing.
Although it doesn't come from LoL, it's still worth making sure you don't have it.

tvburk

02-17-2011

bumped for knowledge

Hayabusa Fury

02-17-2011

You all agreed to the software when you created an account, downloaded and installed the game. Or did you all not actually read the Terms or Service and EULA?

You embarass human beings when you use the asinine argument "Nobody told us" when it is really "I didn't read"

EDIT: I feel for those folks that have pay by the byte service. My buddy in Denmark has the same service type there. You need to assemble according to the laws of your country and make them change that.

zankioh

Recruiter

02-17-2011

You can just uninstall the Pando Media Booster - and I'd strongly suggest doing that. Worst f* "booster" I've ever seen.

BlueSquared

02-17-2011

I'm not doubting this, as I've heard it before, but....

I've never attempted to remove PMB, and it's not here on my laptop. Not in the background, or when the launchpad/login screen is up, or in the pvp.net client.

scotth266

02-17-2011

That's odd: when I went to the program's settings in my Control Panel, it was already turned off. I'll uninstall it anyway (I don't like wasting space) but it seems like you can set limits on how much it uploads.

ThinkForYourself

Recruiter

02-17-2011

Im bumping this thread, because LoL Is a cash cow, and the highest-ups in Riot are primarily concerned with making as much money as possible with their video game more than they are concerned with making a quality game. The fact that they won't even admit the fact that their servers simply cannot handle the load of the userbase at peak hours, is repulsive.

AD TF

02-17-2011

Thanks, I uninstalled it.