Pando Media Booster; Uncool.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whocare5boutname

02-17-2011

will uninstalling this program in any way affect my League of Legends client?

not cool riot, not cool, mentioning 2nd party programs that are being installed with your stuff should be natural, especially because of events like this, people dont like to have stuff installed behind their back ESPECIALLY when its p2p

Onlyashadow

02-17-2011

australia has a download/upload limit?

****tiest country just got ****tiester

Kyrul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

If you click the Options button in the launcher, there's an option tick for enabling/disabling P2P transfer. Have you tried using that? My bet is that'll fix all your problems.

Not a Cobra

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocare5boutname View Post
will uninstalling this program in any way affect my League of Legends client?

not cool riot, not cool, mentioning 2nd party programs that are being installed with your stuff should be natural, especially because of events like this, people dont like to have stuff installed behind their back ESPECIALLY when its p2p
it has no effect on your client at all, I've had it uninstalled for a long time with no ill effects and plenty of beneficial ones.

LLamaPie

02-17-2011

Yep, this is an issue but its the case for many programs. What you download and what you install is part of a package unfortunately. This kind of program is junk and ya I uninstalled, blocked, and registry nuked it into oblivion when I found out it was snuck on to my computer. P2P programs are so f'ing risky, anyone with a clever brain and a packet sniffer can F you up if you have fail security on your end. Riot, you need to at least prompt that this **** is being used.

Boggart Sprite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

Wow, that's ****ing uncool Riot. @OP, thanks for letting us know. If you google that, the 2nd link that shows up is this: http://www.dasfox.com/blog/post/What...ndoexe%29.aspx

I uninstalled it; that's some shady **** Riot, shady **** indeed.

TL Frolo

02-17-2011

just uninstall it, haven't had any client problems since uninstalling

Sacred Sinner

02-17-2011

It might be a nice program to save (the company) money and speed up download times, but **** I wish they would ask for your permission, or at least inform you about it.

Oh, and I ****ing HATE how it stays on your computer even after you delete the game it came with. (Not LoL, I started a few days ago and I absolutely love it)

Metta Game

02-17-2011

It can also make installing LoL nearly impossible if your firewall/router/antivirus takes offense to it.

It's the worst software that's not outright malware that I've ever seen in my ****ing life. I wasted like 4 hours reinstalling LoL today because it was so hard to get it to work. And then apparently this **** screws your bandwith up too? Go figure, I've been having trouble with upload/download speeds in general...maybe this piece of **** program was responsible. Thanks for this thread!

Not a Cobra

02-17-2011

I am glad This thread has helped people, If it's doing so much good for the community, any bumps would be appreciated.

And I'm also glad to see so many people share my view on the deceptiveness of it.