Configuring LoL in WINE?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 48
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mearcliff

08-17-2009

Hey I'm interested if anyone has managed to configure LoL to run on wine on Linux
If so Id like to know how!

velinje

08-27-2009

I was also curious to test it in wine. I got through the installation without any problems but at the EULA I cannot press "accept" and the window appears to be out of focus (grey).
Running wine 1.0.1 on Ubuntu 9.04

The only post I can find on winehq is this.
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.ph...635247453b8c83

Archimonde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by velinje View Post
I was also curious to test it in wine. I got through the installation without any problems but at the EULA I cannot press "accept" and the window appears to be out of focus (grey).
Running wine 1.0.1 on Ubuntu 9.04

The only post I can find on winehq is this.
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.ph...635247453b8c83
Try to actually pull the bar at the right side of the eula down instead of scrolling. I had the same problem on Windows.

velinje

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimonde View Post
Try to actually pull the bar at the right side of the eula down instead of scrolling. I had the same problem on Windows.
Have tried every way there is to get the dialogue mechanism to work, still can't push the accept button. Probably going to try a copy from windows before I give up. But at the looks of it, none else has got it working yet.

olnn

08-27-2009

I have tried running the copy installed via windows, the launcher crashes with a page fault. Isn't most of the launcher based on Adobe AIR?, maybe it would be possible to somehow run this using the native AIR version, and just use wine for the actual game.

Vdash

08-29-2009

Yeah, that post was me on wineHQ. Still trying to work things out with it. I notice someone actually made it through the installation? That's interesting, it might be because you run an older version of wine? I had problems with the EULA on World of Warcraft but I added some fonts and other stuff in the tutorial to be able to get through it. Sorry I don't have the actual technical information about it but maybe it might help. As for LoL working on wine, I'll have to keep trying different strategies but might need someone more native to wine to get a hold of the LoL installer.

gruof01

08-29-2009

I don't know why, but the scrollbar doesn't seem to be sending the proper Windows message when you scroll it down in wine. Unfortunately without that message being sent the accept button will not enable itself.

Pink Princess Party

08-29-2009

Was able to get past Accept once, but not now

wine-1.1.25
2.6.29-sabayon

I tried reverting to 1.0.1 since it's the default build in another emerge list, and I get the same error.

winedb reads nothing when it loads. It looks like it's loading fine, just not sending something to windows. It doesn't look like it's a problem with air.

Heres another EULA problem they had with EVE:
http://www.eve-search.com/thread/957800/page/all

It looks to me like a font issue. I'm assuming that the EULA is in ARIAL or Truetype correct?

gruof01

08-29-2009

I don't believe there's a particular font forced for that dialog. It would use whatever the default is.

The Air client isn't loaded until you get past the EULA and TOS dialogs.

Pink Princess Party

08-29-2009

Peeking into it a little further i was looking at the setup files and was poking around "launcher_config.xml" and noticed it had:

Quote:
<MinimizeToTray>1</MinimizeToTray>
<DisplayEULA>1</DisplayEULA>
<Name>LOL.Beta.Launcher</Name>
I set the DisplayEULA to 0(sorry for trying to bypass your EULA this is all in the sake of beta research). I then launched and got an alert window saying

"A previous instance of the launcher is running but is not responsive. Would you like to terminate this instance?"

I then click yes and get this in winedebug:

Quote:
errle:CoGetClassObject class {304ce942-6e39-40d8-943a-b913c40c9cd4} not registered
errle:CoGetClassObject no class object {304ce942-6e39-40d8-943a-b913c40c9cd4} could be created for context 0x1
I dunno~ any ideas?

1234511 ... 48