Draft mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

volune

01-26-2010

ADD IT NOW! TODAY!!!!!! STOP STALLING!!!!

I think this would help solve a lot of the perceived short comings in the matchmaking system. Most times I get stomped its because the blind pick scheme has cause one side to have a poor selection of champions to deal with the other. Add draft, this will largely go away.

DO IT NOW!!!

Mercurius

01-26-2010

Draft mode helps the problem where nearly ever single blind pick match is over at the loading screen due to not being able to counterpick broken ****.

Thain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

I agree 100%! They need to stop developing champions and start developing game modes/ maps and actually get a RATED SEASON out!

Phoxly

01-26-2010

.... Imma betch slap you shetbags.

SEASON ONE WILL BE OUT IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2010... -sigh- Its hopeless. I really feel RIOT's pain.

NetSage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Ok, I'm going to sound noob here but, what's a draft mode?

Thain

01-26-2010

alright...fair enough...they still need to develop a new mode.....

Netsage Draft mode is where teams pick champions back and forth and its all visible, unlike the blind draft we do now.

thats what it is to my understanding

Fallen 62

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by volune View Post
ADD IT NOW! TODAY!!!!!! STOP STALLING!!!!

I think this would help solve a lot of the perceived short comings in the matchmaking system. Most times I get stomped its because the blind pick scheme has cause one side to have a poor selection of champions to deal with the other. Add draft, this will largely go away.

DO IT NOW!!!
*sigh* I really don't even want to get into this right now, so I'll just quote another post I made... It's not 100% accurate to this thread, but it's close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen 62 View Post
I realize that you've been here a lot longer than I have, but this is definitely not the way to go about getting things that you want... Unless you're 5 years old telling a friend to "give you/do this or I'll go play with someone else and leave you here." Those things you're talking about take a hell of a long time to program and have them work decently, not even "perfect." I doubt that people want Riot to release a half implemented draft mode or VoIP system... New maps I could see because they're not really the same people doing the maps and programming (there may be some crossover, but there usually isn't too much), but a lot of the things you listed are huge investments in programming manpower and take a lot of time to pull off successfully.

Giving Riot an ultimatum of "Do this or I'm leaving" really isn't going to get the work done any faster. They will do these things as fast as they can, but that doesn't mean that there may be some other priority that pops up and delays the other tasks a bit. Grow up a bit, think about it logically, and quit acting like a spoiled brat who doesn't get their way.

NetSage

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain View Post
Netsage Draft mode is where teams pick champions back and forth and its all visible, unlike the blind draft we do now.
Ok, that wuold be very nice indeed :P. Although there should be a limit to how many times you can switch otherwise people will just keep switching to counter until the game starts :P.

volune

01-26-2010

Quote:
*sigh* I really don't even want to get into this right now, so I'll just quote another post I made... It's not 100% accurate to this thread, but it's close...
Well I am suggesting that they drop cr4p like VOIP chat (plenty of alternatives that work already) or anything else that involves the team that implements draft mode, and get draft mode out the door today. if not today, then tomorrow. everything else that is half done can wait. draft mode is probably the biggest omission from this game as of this moment.

Fallen 62

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by volune View Post
Well I am suggesting that they drop cr4p like VOIP chat (plenty of alternatives that work already) or anything else that involves the team that implements draft mode, and get draft mode out the door today. if not today, then tomorrow. everything else that is half done can wait. draft mode is probably the biggest omission from this game as of this moment.
And again, same thread incidentally...

Quote:
That is highly a matter of perception. To *you* some changes may not matter as much, but to others they matter a great deal. Riot has a priority list, and they will work on the list in order of priority. The smaller, more insignificant stuff is towards the bottom (the stuff that "doesn't matter" as much). Every game has a point where it feels like progress has stopped, then a ton of stuff comes out and most everyone is happy again.

I realize you've been waiting a while for stuff like this, but again, it's not the way to go about getting it. Riot has their priorities and they may not match up with yours, but those things will get done. Your OP was hardly constructive feedback or criticism, it was an ultimatum. Those are often never constructive.