Issues Identified with Improper XP/IP Rewards

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tamat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

02-16-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Summoners!

It has been brought to our attention that there is an error in the calculations of our new XP / IP system. Completed games are currently granting lower IP values than we intended, and we are working as quickly as we can to correct the issue. Regrettably, this will require a restart of the PvP.net platform sometime in the next couple of hours. If this timeframe changes, we will let you know.

Please accept our apologies for the error and for any disruption that this may have caused to your patch day plans. We will be compensating all those summoners who logged in and played a game today. Stay tuned for an update on the projected downtime window, and for more details about the compensation we will be issuing after the problem is fixed. Thank you for your patience, and for bearing with us while we work to correct the issue.

UPDATE: We're going to be bringing the servers down for emergency maintenance in approximately 30 minutes to fix the issues with the store and XP / IP gain. Maintenance is expected to last until 4:00 a.m. PST.

Gabriroux

02-16-2011

Good you got this fixed fast.... Now the shop

Tiffosi

02-16-2011

At least.

Bizarro Bike

02-16-2011

Awesome.

Can I buy things yet?

mchotdog

02-16-2011

what if we saw the problem and decided to wait until it was fixed.... Those of us don't get any compensation because we gave up playing time due to a huge bug?

Schizophrenic

02-16-2011

>ten minutes ago
"i mad, y i no get ip from 40 minot lose"
>now
"yey"

Tiffosi

02-16-2011

Indeed Tamat , you guys should compensate ALL summoners who at least logged in.

In my case , i was waiting to buy RP and the shop is down for like 6 hours or more.

Broam Chomsky

02-16-2011

Dat backlass(h)

Katana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchotdog View Post
what if we saw the problem and decided to wait until it was fixed.... Those of us don't get any compensation because we gave up playing time due to a huge bug?
this ^

ZergHydra

Master Recruiter

02-16-2011

fix nao .
compensate as in 4 games ip win boost. yes

1234511 ... 29