The Wrenchmen's Toolbox - Common Fixes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keen as Keenan

06-10-2012

Hey, hoping someone can help me with this.
For the last month or so, from 6pm onward, my ping goes from 180 to 600-800ms. However, this only happens in some games and i have my normal connection of 180ms in the others.
My connection is stable when connecting to other games during this laggy period. Yesterday, I pinged google and got a steady 20-30ms, but had 690ms while in-game. I have a router which connects 2 computers to internets, its wireless but i disabled that function. The other computer has no effect on connection. My firewall isnt blocking LoL all of a sudden, but it is outdated.
I've played for almost a year now, this is a new problem. I play from australia. While i enjoy a challenge, when it happens during a ranked, i just get reported and lose elo.

tl;dr Unexplained random massive increase in latency during specific time.

*6pm here is 1am PST
Aus is GMT+10

Thx in advance

Balazeal

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Wrenchmen's Toolbox
Post Game Issues
My game crashes after I finish a match / It says I'm still in game
1. If you're in Vista or Windows 7 it may have just minimized, also a known issue
2. You may need more system resources (RAM). You should have at least 2 gigs
3. Avoid clicking the "skip waiting for stats" button, or give the server time to synchronize
4. See this Article if you get a, [URL2=http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20201323-preventing-frequent-disconnects] "Session Closed" Message[/URL2]
================================
I'm having some minor issues with my post-game, and I'm not certain if they're the same as the post-game crash described above.

After my games end, I find my lol client takes particularly long (2-3 min) to close. It doesn't crash per se, but prior to the graphics patch my postgame window would always pop up immediately. When I check the lol client's status in my Task Manager, it says its not responding. This happens consistently after each game I play.

Anybody else having this?

xDreadShot

06-15-2012

how can you minimize the screen to where you can see your friend request because i am not able to.

Ryumao

06-18-2012

I was wondering if there is some sort of incorrect password limit now, because I type fast and tend to mess up my password. I logged in the first time just fine, but couldn't connect to the store properly, so I exited and re-logged, only to be in a rush and fail my password twice, then get it on the next try going slower. Once I got in, nothing loaded for me and the screen was black, where it had previously shown the informational page and all that stuff.

Saaammmiee

06-19-2012

Did everything you said about RADS, still didn't work.

Ezzekius

06-19-2012

Okay, So I'm pretty sure my account has recently been hacked... I finished a game and then all the sudden got disconnected, and when i tried to log back in it said wrong username or password. Now my account is VERY old which means the E-Mail i used for the account is also VERY old. Which also entails me getting a new e-mail and forgetting the old emails...so i can't change my password.....in a sticky situation..and i REALLY need some help

Please, and Thank You

oSongs

06-20-2012

some1 help me with this please ):

i was playing a game and i was lagging so i changed resolution and when i did my screen turn pitch black and said out of range. now i cant join any game cause that keeps happening so i cant change the resolution cause it turns pitch black.how do i change it without starting a game. user name:Nikalie. please help.

cwazydave

06-20-2012

im in game and idk wtf it was i pressed but i cant see any of the windows in game and i cant move or anything! how do i fix this!!!!

AlanNReve

06-20-2012

plz solve my problem. Where are my runs

Reecpc

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen as Keenan View Post
Hey, hoping someone can help me with this.
For the last month or so, from 6pm onward, my ping goes from 180 to 600-800ms. However, this only happens in some games and i have my normal connection of 180ms in the others.
My connection is stable when connecting to other games during this laggy period. Yesterday, I pinged google and got a steady 20-30ms, but had 690ms while in-game. I have a router which connects 2 computers to internets, its wireless but i disabled that function. The other computer has no effect on connection. My firewall isnt blocking LoL all of a sudden, but it is outdated.
I've played for almost a year now, this is a new problem. I play from australia. While i enjoy a challenge, when it happens during a ranked, i just get reported and lose elo.

tl;dr Unexplained random massive increase in latency during specific time.

*6pm here is 1am PST
Aus is GMT+10

Thx in advance
You have the exact same problem I am having. After 6pm. My ping doubles from 90ms to 180-190ms. I am playing from Michigan though.