The Wrenchmen's Toolbox - Common Fixes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toolbox

06-12-2010

Well I must say a, first I didn't know I belonged to anyone and this list doesn't describe me at all

Rahlekk

06-12-2010

I ran Netalyzr, and I got this big error... Can anyone help me fix it?

Quote:
Your ISP's DNS server returns IP addresses even for domain names which should not resolve. Instead of an error, the DNS server returns an address of 63.123.155.104, which does not resolve. You can inspect the resulting HTML content here.
There are several possible explanations for this behavior. The most likely cause is that the ISP is attempting to profit from customer's typos by presenting advertisements in response to bad requests, but it could also be due to an error or misconfiguration in the DNS server.
The big problem with this behavior is that it can potentially break any network application which relies on DNS properly returning an error when a name does not exist.
The following lists your DNS server's behavior in more detail.
  • www.{random}.com is mapped to 63.123.155.104.
  • www.{random}.org is mapped to 63.123.155.104.
  • fubar.{random}.com is correctly reported as an error.
  • www.yahoo.cmo [sic] is mapped to 63.123.155.104.
  • nxdomain.{random}.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu is correctly reported as an error.

Rahlekk

06-17-2010

Sorry for the bump... Could I please get some help?

ijustwannadance

06-18-2010

I downloaded the game and everytime i click to launch the league of legend icons comes up and then nothing happens. I tried everything suggested on here but still nothing happens. Tried the delete scripting but i dont know how to do that and when i clicked ont he link it just took me to the blog page. So idk ... can someone please help.

RovingBlade

06-20-2010

Hey Wrenchmen. I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I've found a solution (i.e. hacky work-around) for a common problem that people are mentioning on the forums. The issue is with getting "Unkown errors" (request timeouts) when logging in or when navigating the summoner profile / champ select.

My solution is to try to login to PVP.net with the WRONG password 4 times and then quickly use the correct password (I usually paste the correct password after the 4th wrong try so that it can be as fast after as possible). I put some more details about this issue here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=127581

Perhaps this can help you find the actual root of this issue? Or at least you can add this work-around to the list of issues and resolutions.

Thanks.

Ezreal Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Quote:
Should be resolved, if not you have an AMD and can set the affinity of the game to use 1 cpu
How exactly do you do this? I can't find anyway how to do it with the Task Manager.

BloodyCorey

06-22-2010

the store is still blank for me and i have tried everything i saw and nothing works like using IE8 my friend uses Chrome and it works for him and he got on my account and my store worked for him please help

Ignignokkt

06-25-2010

Quote:
I can’t click the “Play” button on the patcher
1. Your Active Scripting is disabled, Go to Internet Options -> Security -> Active scripting (near the bottom) -> Enable -> OK. Restart the launcher.
2. You could be using an old version of the patcher, redownload and install League of Legends.
3. If it says offline, then Hohums killed a hamster and is replacing it, not much you can do, say a non-denominational prayer?
Ive tried all of these and still cannot click the play button...

Server is online ive re downloaded client and re installed it multiple times and still cannot get on, and ive checked the active scripting and it is enabled...

Please Help

TenshiSama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

Does the konami code screw up your store for only the time you use it ?

tehscatman

06-29-2010

“The Launcher has experienced an error”
1. Restart the Launcher like it says, geez
2. Make sure you are current on your Windows Updates
3. Make sure you have Dot Net Framework 3.5
4. If you are running Windows Vista/Windows 7 make sure the install path is NOT in Program Files
5. Reinstall League of Legends

DOESNT WORK! at least not for me :P. i did everything it says and it keeps continuing to have the error! i reninstalled TWICE! for f*** sake!