Could not load direct3d

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vensaval

02-16-2011

I just got my mother's computer. It runs Vista Home Premium 64bit. I just updated the video card after the game warned me to do so.

Now that I've updated it, I can't run the game. I try to open the Launcher and I get an error telling me "could not load direct3d".

My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nforce 430.

I read somewhere that it doesn't support directx 11 (which is currently installed, but doesn't make sense because the game was able to open before).

I've been trying to downgrade it to 9/10 to see if that fixes it, but haven't had much luck in doing so.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

02-16-2011

Make sure you have the latest Windows Vista Service Pack and then install: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...A-9B6652CD92A3

Vensaval

02-16-2011

Never mind, got it to work. I reinstalled the driver, but got it from a different source. Strangely enough, that fixed it >.>

GhettoG

Recruiter

04-17-2011

Would you mind saying which driver you had to reinstall because I am having the same issue. It would be greatly appreciated.

LoOoDnIcA

05-13-2011

I need help too..I got windows 7 and I got same problem but i dont know much about computers so can u explain to me how to fix it please ?

Darandomizer

05-30-2011

I had this problem. just go to Start: All Programs: Windows update: Available Updates: Service Pack etc. i had to get on the phone for a while, but it's downloading. i'm pretty sure it's just the service pack that's needed. needed is a fin word to type... ADHD.... sorry lol. it takes a while to download, but we'll see if it works.

Powerplaygg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2011

Looks like I need help.. What drivers need to be re-installed? Would re-formatting solve the problem?

ronnie224433

06-27-2011

im guessing its the windows servie pack 3, that needs to be installed. i get the error messag every time. ill try downloading this service pack update and see what it does.

Heideggerftw

07-11-2011

I have the same issue, even after installing and updating everything like it said above. Possible other solutions?

Visarion

07-19-2011

desk
properties-
config-
advanced-
troubleshooter -
acceleration of full hardeware
accept