Garena Account Transfer FAQ

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

02-16-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Summoners!

I have good news for those among you who are located in Singapore and Malaysia. We are pleased to announce that League of Legends has officially entered Open Beta in these regions. In conjunction with our partner, Garena, we are offering free account transfers to those summoners who wish to play in their home region.

If you are interested in applying for a transfer, head on over to: http://lol.garena.com/transfer/

The full terms and conditions of your transfer are available on the Garena League of Legends website, but if you have some general questions you can view the FAQ below! Weíll be sure to keep the FAQ current with any updates as we get them.

Will I need an existing Garena LoL account in order to transfer?
Yes you will. But not to worry! Creating an account is easy and free! You can create a Garena account at http://intl.garena.com/register/, and download the Garena LoL client at http://lol.garena.com/downloads/.

What will the account transfer include?
When you transfer your League of Legends account to the Garena servers, your summoner level, all your owned champions, champions skins, and all of your runes and rune pages will be transferred to the new service.

What will not be transferred over?
Summoner name, Elo, RP and IP balance, RP and IP boosts, and win/loss stats will NOT be transferred over.

Why arenít my Riot Points and Influence Points balance from the NA / EU server transferred over?
The Garena servers use a different store database from the NA/EU servers. For this reason we arenít able to transfer your RP/IP balance over to the new system. Please be sure to spend the balance of your Riot Points and Influence Points before applying for a transfer., as we can arrange for you to take those items with you.

Why canít I keep my summoner name?
You can try to choose the same summoner name, but there are already players active on the Garena servers, so your summoner name might already be taken. When you create an account on the Garena servers you will be prompted to choose a summoner name.

What happens to my NA / EU account following the transfer?
Following your transfer to the Garena servers, the North American or European service account that you transferred will be disabled. You will NOT be able to access that account again following the transfer.

I already have an account on the Garena servers. What if I have more champions on the US/EU server, but I have a higher level on the Garena server? What will happen then?
The transfer will ADD all your transferrable items from the US/EU server to your account on the Garena server. This means that you get to KEEP everything you earned and unlocked on the Garena server, and you also get all your content from the US/EU server too! In this case, you will keep the higher level on the Garena server and get all your US/EU server content.

I applied for a transfer, why didn't I get it?
Transfers are only valid for accounts created before the 6th of January 2011, and all accounts must be at least Summoner Level 10 to be eligible for transfer.

What happens to my NA / EU account if I do not agree to transfer my account to the Garena service?
Nothing! You can continue to play on your original NA / EU account as usual. Transferring to the new servers is your decision!

Jawsus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

So wait... You guys post about opening LoL in another region, but nothing about the server/shop/ip issues?

EDIT: sooo still no response?

spielkind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

this means we can get a free transfer to the other server and keep all our stuff on the US?

will this also be possible for eu?

flos

02-16-2011

Guys, when can we expect the ability to transfer our US account to EU? Some of us from closed beta are still hanging here while we should be on EU but its hard to say goodbye to all thos IP spent on champions/runes and all those RP spent on skins...

Dinocool

02-16-2011

Will the ip gain be normal on the asian servers? if so SIGN ME UP!

NeoDragonElite

02-16-2011

Fix your IP system before trying to promote anything Riot. Nobody is listening.

Ventts

02-16-2011

Hey Riot, is the IP gain in the Asian same as before? If so, SIGN ME UP.

killlaziness

02-16-2011

interesting

lol

EtherMage

02-16-2011

Rp boyccot -> no one buys it untill they fix ip gains ~ join us and spread the idea

PerryCox

02-16-2011

Herp de derp.

12345 ... 9