Why aren't the Champion's PASSIVE ABILITIES not with their INFO in the client?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-19-2011

If you want to find out more about a champ, LoL client is prolly the worst place to look.. Even a simple google search is enough to get you all the info you need (and dont need). The client champion list is more for show and for some lore/tips/skins.

Killaholic

02-21-2011

some passives are really cool and critical to the champions, it is important to list it out too for it is also one of the skills. respect the champions and also please be considerate to the buyers or for anyone who is crazy about league of legends

PoDragonSlayer

02-21-2011

Bump.

Wearyandrewx

02-21-2011

when in game, near where your spells are QWER or w.e/ look to the left and put your mouse over a icon. dunno what icon.. but it tells you the summoners passive. -Noob.

PhenixX

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyandrewx View Post
when in game, near where your spells are QWER or w.e/ look to the left and put your mouse over a icon. dunno what icon.. but it tells you the summoners passive. -Noob.
Looks like someone doesn't know how to read. The OP CLEARLY stated in the thread title that he was reffering to the PVP.net client not the actual game and on top of that this post is in the "PVP.net Discussion" boards not the "In-Game HUD Discussion." -Noob

Anyway D-bag bashing aside, this feature should've been implemented ages ago but sadly Riot almost never makes logical changes to the PVP.net client.

Shanghaiii

02-21-2011

Maybe they are working on it? I think it will take to much time especially if you are int he champ selection. If you gonna look at a champ in a free week, it will take time to read stats and compare it to another one you want to pick. But then the time runs out and you get locked in to a champ you were just reading the stats.

Maybe Riot do not want that to happen? Who knows why they didn't do that. Maybe a red can help?

Al Stump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

It wouldn't take that much time at all. And it should be in there already, because it is a big part of the character.

They haven't done this yet because it doesn't make them money, and there are two well made sites where you can find this info.

Villiroth

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astat View Post
If you want to find out more about a champ, LoL client is prolly the worst place to look.. Even a simple google search is enough to get you all the info you need (and dont need). The client champion list is more for show and for some lore/tips/skins.
Why should I have to google to find out specifics?

kevbob

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Stump View Post
They haven't done this yet because it doesn't make them money.
i think this is a debatable point.

i've recently bought RP to purchase both Champion Packs after finally committing myself to playing this game.

however, little things like the lack of the passive ability being listed weighed heavily on my decision. the pvp.net store not being able to sort by IP/RP properly is another one of these "little" things.

tiny, inconsequential things like this do add up, and give the game an appearance or aura that can be off-putting to potential customers.

x Mootje x

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatus View Post
Riot is too busy swiming in our money to give us a reply.
Yep