Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Zilean carry?

Yes, Zilean makes a much better carry (than Twitch, Cho, Ashe or others). 6 17.65%
Zilean can be a good carry, but not better than most traditional carries. 12 35.29%
Hell no! Zilean trying to carry over Twitch, Cho or even Ashe is just absurd. 11 32.35%
...I have no idea...or I just don't care. 5 14.71%
Voters 34 .

Zilean carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apokalupsis

01-25-2010

Was discussing this in game today w/ another player. He insisted that all things being equal, Zilean, if on the team, should carry (over a Cho, Ashe, or Twitch...and I'm assuming any other traditional carry).

I've never once seen a Zil carry. I've never seen a guide for a Zil carry. I'm level 30, have over 600 games (gold + beta)...I don't see how it is reasonable...to have a Zil carry...but he insisted otherwise (he was level 27 I believe).

So...what say ye?

1) Is Zil a viable carry (and thus, be allowed to solo mid)?

2) Is Zil a better carry than Cho, Twitch or Ashe?

inept

01-25-2010

not a carry per se, but yes he is a very viable solo mid. more annoying then heimer's rockets once this new patch rolls out. if you have no real "hard carry" that needs farming then just pit zilean against their's and watch them struggle to farm after getting double bombed 5000 times. his auto attack is also fairly decent at getting last hits.

Trisorion

01-25-2010

As a person who has played something like 120 games as Zilean, >30 of them carrying I say yes and no.

BIG BIG Yes-When playing a non-premade team, especially if they are too aggressive
Maybe, favoring no-When playing good players who work together, know Zilean's Abilities, don't overextend themselves and generally work together

Zilean can be roughly as effective as other carries kill-wise. His main benefit is that his carrying capacity does not rely on his ult, and he has excellent mobility (on par with TF imo). His main problem is that he cant kill towers regardless of how well he does.

inept

01-25-2010

lichbane ^ if you really wanna kill towers

Xano74

Recruiter

02-15-2010

Gusingos Blade or whatever its called can make you a carry. The item that makes your AP and Atk speed increase with every attack up to 8 stacks.

I managed to take down towers in less than 10 seconds once he is high enough level.

Still, nowhere near the "carry" as twitch or any of them.

Zilean is meant to support and harass. I love when enemies attack you to like 10% health and run away when they can't kill you, and just as they think they are safe a bomb appears over their head, and 4 seconds later, they die.

A good Zilean should never let his tower get destroyed in his lane. He is the ultimate harasser. The only way he should even die is getting ganked as his abilities allow him to get away extremely quickly and do amazing burst damage with an AP build.

sainthero

02-15-2010

AP zilean is too good pug or premade. 20 stacks of mejai + zonyas + double bombs ftw

rEv3

02-15-2010

Step 1. Buy a Vampire Scepter
Step 2. Buy a BF Sword
Step 3. Attack speed

Zilean is an awesome carry.