3v3 or 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrollCorki

02-16-2011

What are the pros/cons of playing these game types? I havent played 5v5 yet because i just started playing but it seems like everybody plays 5v5. Thoughts?

Wreckrolled

02-16-2011

5v5 is more exhilarating and fun to play, especially if you got a buddy or two.

Downside, you get more derps than a short bus full of kids.

TrollCorki

02-16-2011

Do you get more IP/XP playing 5v5?

Xublin

02-16-2011

5v5 pros:
Faster queue because more people play it
Golem (blue) buff
More IP/EXP than 3v3
Has Baron (that huge dragon thing that gives the entire team a buff)
You can play any champion there. Some champions aren't very suited for 3v3 play.

AzuMakii

02-16-2011

i play most 5v5 but somtimes i feel like playing 3v3 :P my ranked rating in 3v3 is better XD

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

02-16-2011

Its all individual opinion. Personally I prefer 3v3 but find myself playing more 5v5's because thats what everyone else plays.

Again, in my opinion--

5v5 has: more players, more team strategy (lineup/positioning/combos etc) less early ganking and more jungling. Baron/Dragon are very important. Most champions are very viable and you have more options for builds due to higher gold gain (more creeps/longer game = mo $$)

3v3 has: shorter-more intense games and is based more on individual skill. Less area to roam, harder escapes, quicker ganks and much less 'stun-->insta-gib'. Lizard and Dragon are much less important (although they help) but pvp is much more prevalent. That being said your hero choice is very limited if you want a real shot at winning and you're build choices are much more strict since you wont have near as much gold.

Arecanderu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
Its all individual opinion. Personally I prefer 3v3 but find myself playing more 5v5's because thats what everyone else plays.

Again, in my opinion--

5v5 has: more players, more team strategy (lineup/positioning/combos etc) less early ganking and more jungling. Baron/Dragon are very important. Most champions are very viable and you have more options for builds due to higher gold gain (more creeps/longer game = mo $$)

3v3 has: shorter-more intense games and is based more on individual skill. Less area to roam, harder escapes, quicker ganks and much less 'stun-->insta-gib'. Lizard and Dragon are much less important (although they help) but pvp is much more prevalent. That being said your hero choice is very limited if you want a real shot at winning and you're build choices are much more strict since you wont have near as much gold.
I share your opinion. Also the map desing on the 3v3 is more "usable" for battle and give more options in fights.

My Junk Chain

02-16-2011

5v5 for IP farming, 3v3 for less number of annoying children to deal with, and less of a chance of someone afking the whole match, or quitting and all that stuff that really ruins the game.

HappyAndHazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

Pretty much what was said before. Also, I think in TT you can get to and help out your teammates easier, while on SR you gotta hope that lane on the other side of the map eventually figures out how to not die.

TT also seems to have better quality players on average, cause it seems to be people bored of playing SR and therefore have more exp with the game. In SR every random person goes there who hasn't discovered what last hitting is by level 30.

MittenMagick

Recruiter

02-16-2011

3v3: Whoever has Mundo on their team wins.

5v5: Whoever has Mundo and the team is not completely stupid wins.