"desired char type for match" - select if you're tanking etc pre-matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leor Unsullied

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

how about letting summoners select their desired char/char type for match when matchmaking? that way it wouldn't put 5 ppl who refuse to tank on the same team - if you're flexible, you wait less time matchmaking; if you're inflexible, you wait longer but can do what you want. I think this would just help balance things - nothing worse than 2 tanks vs 0...

doubted101

02-16-2011

This wouldn't really work out, because of the way that people play... not everyone wants/needs a tank on a team. There are people that want all dps all burst all aoe, there really isn't a normal team balance like 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps.

Gigawattz

02-16-2011

I wholeheartedly agree, I don't like the feeling of being penalized for a que dodge when I duck out on a team comp of all squishy AP casters/ranged carries because everyone on the team is a ******.

And YES I would be willing to tank... but it's obviously a waste of an hour of my time to play with ppl who's only pregame communication is "mid" as they all pick squishies and insta-lock there camps 2 seconds into selection...

My first ranked game was awesome, coordinated, great communication, everything I thought a ranked game should be. But ever since then I get stuck with teams that don't even buy wards or call mias, it's completely ******ed and I don't know how to get qued with anyone better when it seems like every game is won or lost in matchmaking and champion select... ugh.
</rant>

To summarized I'd welcome ANY improvements to the matchmaking system. And I think this would be a huge step forward.

If ppl want to play weird comps like ALL DPS or something... then they can arranged que. Let us poor solo quers have a Role Picking System to assure all teams are balanced.

Acklin

02-17-2011

humm not sure if something like this would work because what if people that say they wanna tank end up picking something else or go with a non tank build on a tank hero. I like the idea don't get me wrong. I recently picked a hero that someone else wanted on my team and the guy crys about it, picks eve and gets revive teleport just to feed because i picked the hero he wanted. I think they should just make it so dodging a game doesn't give you a loss or leave since the game hasn't really started yet

Pyroxite

02-17-2011

Won't work imo. Some teams are five tanks, some teams have none. Both can win. The game isn't linear enough to require a specific setup like that. I'm pretty sure one of the reasons behind why tanks can put out such good damage at times is precisely because Riot wants to avoid such clearly defined roles. Tanks can do damage, support can do damage, and damage can become somewhat tanky through item selection.

Amatzikahni

02-17-2011

^What Pyro said. I've lost to a 4-Tank Carry team before, and I've won as five squishies before. I've seen a great Cho'Gath go pure AP and ignore tanking, and I've also seen a bad MF going pure tank simply because they know how to play and adapt (even though the MF did poorly, I commend her for knowing how to take her disadvantage and end up being useful by lategame; her uber baiting techniques helped us win).

Leor Unsullied

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

I just want "i'm willing to tank" so that when we get into teams, we don't have a team of all lock ins vs 2 good tanks - at least to know that some players on my team WILL tank if we want helps.