Speculations on Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

So Varus is a Noxian traitor corrupted by the Void?

Interesting... if not saddening that Noxus can't hold it's people.

Edit: Correction - Varus is an Ionian.

Necromonger

04-06-2012

new champ with league judgement before even the next guy is released?

O.O

Tjihyana

04-06-2012

Yeah... odd strategy. But at least a new Judgment to read ^^

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

and it is an interesting one at that. They had help though.

Zkaiser

04-06-2012

I'm here to call myself retarded.

Varus is an Ionian. So obvious too.

THE VOID, MAN. THE VOID IS BEING RELEASED PIT BY PIT. NOXUS KNOWS NOT WHAT IT DOES.

Ask Talon

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
I'm here to call myself retarded.

Varus is an Ionian. So obvious too.

THE VOID, MAN. THE VOID IS BEING RELEASED PIT BY PIT. NOXUS KNOWS NOT WHAT IT DOES.
...I will eat my shoe if Riven is on his list!

Birdy51

04-06-2012

I think this is not the void. Nay, it is something less sinister, but no less threatening. Judging by pit's name, we can guess that Pallas is demonic/monster spirit inside the pit. The temple guardian is sent their every day to ensure that he does not escape, whereupon every day that spirit asks if he can be released into the world so he can do what demons do best. Kill people. Each time, Varus rejected him because being overcome by a demonic power on a quest of revenge was not on his priority list.

However, after Noxians torched and put his village to the sword, Varus cracked, allowing the demon to overcome him. The only thing that let Varus keep control, is the protective runes of this all-important Owl.

No where in this story did the Void play a role. Instead, his powers are described as "dark magic." The purple fire is mearly there as a sort of embodiment of Pallus' power, rather than an Void entitiy. Varus is a bit far from Icathia for that. Instead, I think we are about to see the dark side of Ionia's equilibrium.

Arrakasta

04-06-2012

I agree, this is really intresting, would like to see more corrupted Ionians, thatwould be so intresting

Zkaiser

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy51 View Post
I think this is not the void. Nay, it is something less sinister, but no less threatening. Judging by pit's name, we can guess that Pallas is demonic/monster spirit inside the pit. The temple guardian is sent their every day to ensure that he does not escape, whereupon every day that spirit asks if he can be released into the world so he can do what demons do best. Kill people. Each time, Varus rejected him because being overcome by a demonic power on a quest of revenge was not on his priority list.

However, after Noxians torched and put his village to the sword, Varus cracked, allowing the demon to overcome him. The only thing that let Varus keep control, is the protective runes of this all-important Owl.

No where in this story did the Void play a role. Instead, his powers are described as "dark magic." The purple fire is mearly there as a sort of embodiment of Pallus' power, rather than an Void entitiy. Varus is a bit far from Icathia for that. Instead, I think we are about to see the dark side of Ionia's equilibrium.
I disagree. Nowhere is it stated that Icathia is the one and only location of "the Void." A plausible theory is that the Void used to be all over Valoran. I find it hard to believe that such a powerful force with thoughts of conquest just stayed in one small city in the past. With this in mind it is highly possible that the ancestors of the Ionians had to actively face this threat and might have been the ones to defeat them.

This entity within the Pit of Pallas also acts much too similar to the Void with it's barrage of telepathy on it's host. I'm sure that Riot would look at this Pallas and look at the Void and notice the striking similarities among the two and change it as to not repeat themselves verbatim.

MajesticRaven

04-06-2012

To be honest, I think the void is still stuck in Icathia. If you remember in the past there were rune wars, the destruction of the Icathian city itself, and probably a lot of people died, or a big power struggle released a big burst of energy that allowed a giant rip for the Void to go through the first time.

Now while they were fought back, and probably defeated in those times, or what have you, any void essence left out and about has probably been contained or destroyed. I think only the minor tear in the dimensions in Icathia is what remains for the Void's connection to Valoran.

Perhaps this Pit of Pallas is the location of a void creature that's managed to avoid League Radar by just becoming another 'Magical' entity, that they didn't think anything of. Some long lost Void being. You never know.