Release Notes v1.0.0.111

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Josh de Tonreau

02-15-2011

ryze sounds like the star of this patch. And morello got an item, nice.... So who is zhonya??

hashinshin

02-15-2011

Ryze got..... Wow.

I've never seen a review nerf a champion this hard. Must be a new record.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Mixed feelings. I'm not feeling as excited about the new bots as I was a few days ago. Though I'm sure that'll come back. I note some really cool changes that will have a bigger impact then it seems...but there where so few Champion changes.

Sivir's change was the only one we didn't know was coming. Rammus, Ryze, Vlad we knew where coming. Sivir was the only one with a significant direct change.

That said Morello got a really sweet item that seems like a good Kayle buy.

Cottoneyes

02-15-2011

Honestly.

Being able to surrender faster makes me happy.

HenHen87

02-15-2011

I knew they would mess up when they said they were going to make Ryze "the ashe of magic", but I didn't imagine they would be THIS far off the ballpark.

SoupSoupMahGoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Go go power smite buff!

EtherMage

02-15-2011

I hate you ninja deceiver Udyr! For some reason your posts don't show up in Dev's Tracker, and I missed this patch notes for many many precious minutes.

Mortox

02-15-2011

Ryze changes look bad imo, but maybe I'm just biased because I thought Ryze was fine already and loved playing him.

All it looks like is:
Lower damage
Longer cooldowns (except for Q, but dmg has been greatly been reduced to justify this)
Worse ratios
Better ranges (some spells more than others)
Spell Vamp on ult (not necessary, won't do much)
Worse farming potential (lets face it, Q spam isn't the way to farm. E was always his farming ability)

Old Ryze had his follies, with his ridiculously low range, but his burst potential made him loads of fun!

New Ryze looks boring, like a "typical" caster with typical caster ranges, but nothing to make him stand out.

That's what made Ryze great was his uniqueness. You sacrificed range forcing you to get close to your opponent, but the reward was that if they let you get that close he could drop almost anyone.

Kharr

02-15-2011

I must admit that those vlad nerfs are not so bad more of just bugs in the targeting system. To the people that say the health per ap is still in need of nerf you guys are foolish. Please learn to play Vlad before you say something like that. Vlad drains so much of his own hp just to use abilities. Also an AP vlad with 3k hp is no harder to kill if he had only 2k hp. there are no resistances or little resistances which can be easily fixed with arpen or spen. If there is a tank around your probably building it anyways. but thank you for posting this, I feel alot better about vlad hopefully the health nerf doesnt change his mechanics

MMKH

02-15-2011

I think this is a Ryze nerf more than anything, he needs to use his abilities more often which cost more mana yet not doing as much burst damage as before. He's probably better off with a tanky, mana build with FH and BV though.

IMO I like most of these changes, in particular the Vlad and Sivir ones. I look forward to seeing the new UI and stuff after the patch.