Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Release Notes v1.0.0.111

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sad Ice

02-18-2011

i have tried out the new ryze... he is not that bad... until u get his ult..
then u don't do what he was supposed to do anymore... to put fear to teamfights..
tbh if they rework a little the ult he will be ok... i would suggest to give +% of the mana (maybe his actual mana instead his max mana) in damage to all his abilities when the ult is on and extend his ult duration for something like 4 or 5 secs so he can use his q at least 2 times while ulted...

FU8oNIrp0fIPMBRT

02-18-2011

I dont regard Sivir's blade nerf as necessary. Not in any way.

Some might say it didn't get nerf, higher ad ratio although only scaling on bonus ad. I recommend just to test Sivir.
Before, Sivir was a good char for harassing the enemy with her blade. It had a nice damage output, especially if you hit twice. And the damage reduction by minions you throw through was ok as well.
Even with much skill, it was seldomly possible to hit twice without a rooter/stunner in your team.

Now i reckon if I hit one target with two hits, it does very few damage against a Katarina for example - not THE char with magic resistance in early game.

I guess the change of the blade will reduce sivir to just another simple autohit char. Before, Sivir was good for early and midgame and really good for lategame. Now I see Sivir has only lategame Qualities.

I recommend to boost the basic damage output of the blade. If you think the blade is op then, go on and reduce the ad ratio a little. This would create more balance.

I consider the damage reduction by additional targets not as a problem yet. As i see the damage output to single targets, it is no suprise that additional targets get very few damage.

By the way, i never experienced raging, losing players complaining about an overpowered Sivir blade. If something is overpowered, usually this kind of players are the first to notice it.

XcellR8

02-18-2011

really nice patch overall i like the changes

Warshock

02-18-2011

Quote:
XcellR8:
really nice patch overall i like the changes

Hmmmm....

Azarhac

02-18-2011

BEST patch in a YEAR, very very nice Riot, keep it up! Now just nerf Vlad pool and I'm throwing in some more money mmkay?

xl0st

02-18-2011

Wow a massive chunk of mana cost increase for anivia...now we can hardly combo with frostbite without depleting alll our mana...

Jeighkub

02-18-2011

With the content of the last few patchs I can't help but think this is how the patching process is handled...

Dev #1 and dev #2 siting on front of a comp on patch day.

dev #1: ok so what should we nerf this patch?
Dev #2: well I am so sick of pantheon, I got raped by one last night on SR so let's nerf that heartseeker strike some more.
Dev #1: sounds good I don't play him so whatever, but lets change his ult a little so it looks like he is getting buffed also. Ok, well I am sick of anivia so let's nerf her.
Dev #2: Great I don't play anivia so nerf away, I played this one game a month ago and she owned me so she must be op. Ok let's hurry we only have 5 minutes left in this 20 minute patch planing process.
Dev #1: only 5 minutes? Oh I remember we wasted all our time on the new skins and new champion because well you know those make us money.
Dev #2: right, well we need to rework one champ so it appears like we are doing something. Any ideas?
Dev #1: I am way ahead of you, I was taking a dump and scratched these ryze changes out. They look like a buff but they are actually a massive nerf to that already terrible champion.
Dev #2: perfect, well done. Ok should we test any of these changes?
Dev #1: nah looks good, go ahead and release them I'm getting hungry.

Fedrion

02-18-2011

Trynd has suffered some severe nerf... Right? XD

Warshock

02-18-2011

Quote:
Jeighkub:
With the content of the last few patchs I can't help but think this is how the patching process is handled...

Dev #1 and dev #2 siting on front of a comp on patch day.

dev #1: ok so what should we nerf this patch?
Dev #2: well I am so sick of pantheon, I got raped by one last night on SR so let's nerf that heartseeker strike some more.
Dev #1: sounds good I don't play him so whatever, but lets change his ult a little so it looks like he is getting buffed also. Ok, well I am sick of anivia so let's nerf her.
Dev #2: Great I don't play anivia so nerf away, I played this one game a month ago and she owned me so she must be op. Ok let's hurry we only have 5 minutes left in this 20 minute patch planing process.
Dev #1: only 5 minutes? Oh I remember we wasted all our time on the new skins and new champion because well you know those make us money.
Dev #2: right, well we need to rework one champ so it appears like we are doing something. Any ideas?
Dev #1: I am way ahead of you, I was taking a dump and scratched these ryze changes out. They look like a buff but they are actually a massive nerf to that already terrible champion.
Dev #2: perfect, well done. Ok should we test any of these changes?
Dev #1: nah looks good, go ahead and release them I'm getting hungry.

+1 for creativity and dialogue.

Zeriphus

02-18-2011

In my opinion League of Legends is now going the same way as many other online games. It seems to me it's starting to happen exactly the same thing as what happened with WoW. Game developers start listening to every rookie who sees a good gamer playing a champion right and then starts whining about supposedly overpowered champions and a cycle of buffing and nerfing both unbalanced and balanced champions starts. I'm experiencing this situation mainly by playing the nerfed anivia which was/is my favourite champion and by trying after a long while to play with Tristana again. By playing with the latter champion i get the feeling that there's a growing gap in balance between the old and the new champions. To sum it all up if this continues Riot may please a lot of the newcomer players but they'll lose long term players such as me who actualy spent money in both european and american servers.