Release Notes v1.0.0.111

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nehum

02-16-2011

I always find the QQ on patch day to be very interesting. Some people are always upset their favorite champion caught a nerf, or upset that the perceived OPness of some other champion was not addressed. Yet, there never seems to be any real weight behind claims from either side.

"I die X number of time with Y champion," does not mean that champion should have been left alone. "This person gets Z kills with V champion," does not mean that champion is OP. Remember, that ONE incident represents a near zero percentage of the games played with the champion in question. Believe it or not, the games that each individual summoner plays represents a strikingly small minority of the total games played on the Field of Justice, and your data does not, in any way shape or form, constitute enough justification for a change one way or another. Rather, the sum of all of that data combined is what compels the game designers to make a change in a given champion.

Mindless *****ing is counterproductive. "I RAGE BECAUSE ANIVIA GOT NERFED QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ," is paid very little, if any, mind by the games designers. If you are entertaining some notion that such childish responses to a patch actually accomplish something, then you are sadly mistaken. Yes, the designers welcome feedback, but with all things, it must be constructive.

Also, it seems apparent to me that SKILL is at the paramount of gaming success. I have been a loyal Morgana player since the start of my LoL career. Despite three consecutive hard nerfs of my champion, I still play her with a high degree of success. Yes, I had to adjust my play style, and accept the new limitations of my character, but I learned and adapted. I still succeed with my now 'inferior' champion. where others rage deleted their accounts because she wasn't OP anymore. Heaven forbid we play balanced toons! Yes, Anivia got nerfed. Yes, Vlad caught a nerf. Yes, Rammus caught yet another nerf. However, the community in general recognized them as the elite champions available. They where game changing. Now, they are just as game changing, you just have to change your play style a bit. Anivia now requires more mana management, Rammus is not guaranteed to catch every fleeing champion, and Vlad has a few less HP to be careless with, and lost his 'immune to gank' ability. Pool is STILL an awesome ability. Powerball is STILL awesome. And Anivia's ultimate STILL turns the tide of any fight she is in.

Case and point: QQ less, learn to play more.

Clockworkz

02-16-2011

"Trynd can now ult while suppressed"

YES! HA! I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU ALL!!! ***** ass warwick, i knew i cudve 1v1 your ass!

Wejasvecna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

All the ranting and raving about how Ryze is going to be changed to the Ashe of Magic... From the changes you made I wonder if you guys had ever played Ryze. The rest of the patch looks decent but i'm very skeptical about your changes to Ryze. I don't think it will go over well.

darkmader

02-16-2011

Went into the game but couldn't connect hopefully they won't dock me on leaving as it's not my fault what-so-ever.

Edit: they said I have a firewall. Not the case at all, it's off on XP don't have any anti-virus stuff on my computer either.

Daethbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

I think it's hilarious that people get all bent out of shape when they "nerf" Vlad and say, "OMG, he's unplayable now!" That is a very small change to him and I expect that it wont affect my game with him much at all.

juazito

02-16-2011

fix in the next reform Ezreal plz

Wejasvecna

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Remember that Ryze is still keeping his 10% mana scaling on Q. It hits hard and often, and has 50 bonus range. Try before you claim he got "nerfed."
Okay, he has 75 more range. What about the 2.5 ap scaling nerf and the 50% base damage nerf you hit him with as well? Sure the CD is half the time but the damage is less than half now with higher mana costs to start.

Edit: Increased 75 range.

Edit2: I've played a few games with him. The scaling end game with his q-w-e skills are decent. His Ulti is pure garbage x 1000.

Mashtatoe

02-16-2011

i just tested the new ip system it sounded great at the beggining but you have a limit of minutes that you can convert into IP while in the nonleaving streak it was a steady reward for being a good player. btw screw the "leaver buster is doing its job" i still get in games with people who afk or ragequit some just stand in the pool so they don't get "busted" but in the same sense they have left the game.

Btw 31 IP for bot games now.

Tomaytoe

02-16-2011

thats all good but what about the ip we all missed out on that the new people are getting with this patch all us higher lvls missed out on that valuable extra starting ip

Fardoche6

02-16-2011

League of Legends and PVP.net will be updated during scheduled maintenance from 11:30PM February 15th until 12PM February 16th.

PST? GMT? it means nothing for a worldwide game.