How long does a season last?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jagura

02-15-2011

This is the only kind of game of this genre ive ever played. Never played DotA, or HoN, but instantly became addicted to this game.
Ive played for awhile now, but i really really sucked until i got the hang of things. For the first few months i was probably on the losing team 75% of the time.
Now though, things seem to be clicking, and my skill with a variety of champions has increased alot. I find myself on the winning team about 75% of the time now, and my match stats are alot better.
Just curious as to when a new season might start so i can stop seeing that horrible time in my LoL career reflected in my stats.
Any idea?

overthewoods

02-15-2011

i dont think the season will end for awhile, probablly after they release the new map:magma chamber so.....never

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-15-2011

Around a year for a season sounds reasonable to me, it's also possible that they'll put another 'preseason' in between two given seasons, especially if they introduce a new map or ever decide to do champion rotations for seasons (if the latter, they'll probably make future seasons shorter).

R66Y

02-15-2011

The real answer is "no one knows". I suspect it may be a year (so this summer), but there has been no official announcement or even really hints about when the season will be over, or what Riot is planning, if anything, for season 2.

Kyoko Sakura

02-19-2011

The season will last until the big 100,000$ tournament is over, which is scheduled for this year.

Toymaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

They just call it a season. nobody knows how long :S lol