Rune build for singed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinya

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gatsby View Post
I have a dedicated Singed page, and I did quite a bit of experimentation before I settled on my rather boring standard tank page: Magic Pen marks, Armor Seals, MR or MR per level Glyphs, and Movement Speed Quints.

The reason why I don't go for armor per-level seals is because Singed is epic at tower diving when he his 6: Doran's Shield + Seals + Defensive Mastery + Ultimate means around 105 armor at level 6 with around 1100 health. I'll have plenty of money for mid/late game when Armor Seals become superior and I'll itemize for it.

I tried mana stacking on him to buff his passive/use more poison, but I think the tower dive potential is stronger.
Gatsby, I know this thread is rather old, but holds great information. I looked up your Singed rune page, and it seems you've switched Armor with Armor/level. I understand the difference is minimal, but has something changed in the past couple of months?

I'm no where near 30, just about to hit 20, and I love Singed. I've saved up quite a bit of IP (I usually buy Champs with RP) so when I hit 20, and I can dive in a buy tier 3 runes.

Thanks for any new info.

xSJx

04-07-2011

I think you should take dodge runes and get nimbleness on singed, running faster is always better .

Shinya

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSJx View Post
I think you should take dodge runes and get nimbleness on singed, running faster is always better .
I checked out your rune page too SJ, and it seems marks and quints are pretty cookie-cutter standard, but also, you chose flat MR instead of MR per level. I guess focusing on early game is more viable and or more valuable?

Total noob question, what can trigger dodge? I would assume just melee attacks? Or ranged attacks too? I dunno, I just don't see it being useful until you're in a big team fight. I usually don't buy FoN right away unless the other team is caster heavy, so that would give you a nice speed increase, but not having many champions to proc Nimbleness, doesn't seem useful.

Again, if dodge can be proc'ed from anything, please disregard my entire argument, because I'm not that knowledgeable about that stat.

Thanks for the information, and clearing anything up for me.

Erotic Asphyxia

Recruiter

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSJx View Post
No one ever should run dodge seals on Singed... for one they are stupidly expensive and honestly dodge is a useless RNG mechanic which needs to be deleted. Second of all, your a dumb/bad singed if you didn't go strength of spirit. I mean HELLO, read his passive? More mana = more hp + hp regen = gravy on Singed. I <3 Singed and is one of my mains. Singed gets enough movespeed from rolling 0/9/21 masteries 3/3 in increased movespeed AND movespeed quints which are pretty much the best on Singed. After that you are pretty much uncatchable and you can chase harder than anyone in this game.

Oh and OP.... I run movespeed quints, magic pen marks, mp5 per level seals, MR per lvl glyphs.

Start out with the classic Sapphire Crystal x 2 Health Pots. Rush Catalyst -------> Rod of Ages. Mercury Treads are a staple item on every tank, get them. Its your job to eat up that CC and piss off the enemy team as much as possible with your mega adhesive + fling combo. Rest is up to you. I personally make Rylais Crystal Scepter for the lulz + more damage on poison/fling. Then after that possibly a sunfire cape/FoN/whatever their team comp is.

xSJx

04-08-2011

I take flat mr because singed has some trouble laning. I switch between those and scaling mr, I think i like flat mr better though.

I use 0/15/15 masteries,you can get nimblness and strength of spirit and 3/4 in veterans scars, and the movespeed from utility. Been starting with regrowth pendant so the extra hp from veterans scars is really helpful since i dont take dorans or hp quints.

Just because dodge seals are expensive doesn't mean they aren't awesome, if you have then you should try them with the 0/15/15 build .