This is unreasonable, there HAS to be a solution on the way, or something...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aww Yisss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Yes, I know, trolls are going say its all my fault, and that I'm bad, and that I need to stop QQing, etc, etc, etc...

But I am at a loss with solo ranked queues. I don't understand how it is possible to get teams that are clearly significantly worse than the opposing team. I am losing the vast majority of all my games due to getting at least 2 or 3 clearly terrible players, and I am seriously on the verge of uninstalling the game and never playing it again out of complete frustration.

Last round was the last straw for me. I got a team that literally spent nearly the entire match running around solo. If they ever did group up, at least 2 people still strayed the entire time, and we were crushed by the 5 players working together on the other team. When I asked them to please group up, they flamed me and said I'm bad and all the usual trolling garbage. When I begged them to buy wards and help me put more up, since I was the only one doing so, they entirely ignored me. The other team, on the other hand, moved like a premade, ganked in groups, had wards up everywhere, and steamrolled us. We didn't even have ONE tower down at the end of the match. There was nothing I could do to help the situation.

I have tried obviously overpowered carries, support, tanks, anything help carry this endless ocean of horrible players I keep getting, but no matter what I do, no matter how bar or good my team is, the other team is SIGNIFICANTLY better than whatever this matchmaking system gives me.

This cannot simply be that I'm bad and I'm the cause of all these losses. I'm losing 3 out of every 4 games, because of things like people leaving me during a gank, not grouping up, running away at full health during team fights, going afk at towers, leavers, and people spending the entire game insulting everyone and pissing everyone off into giving up.

Can someone please explain what the hell is going on?

I was at 1200 for a good while when I started ranked, and then suddenly I got 8 absurdly bad teams in a row against 8 really, really good teams. And from then on, it has been 3 losses for every one win. I really want to raise my solo ranked rating, but NOTHING I do is saving it. Now I'm getting below 950 and the players are getting worse...and the other teams are getting BETTER.

Someone kill me, or help me explain this.

tpazolite

02-15-2011

From what i'm told (never done solo ranked) duo-queuing is your best bet

Find an agreeable guy that isnt godawful, and pick a champion combo that allows you to rape faces (eg. zilean/gp, sion/panth, etc)

Pyroxite

02-15-2011

My experience has been somewhat different, because I essentially deserved to be at below 1k ELO. But I can tell you that I watched a few tutorials by Reginald and a few streams of various high ELO players, and it really changed the way I think of the game. I went from 960 to 1100 and I'm slowly but surely moving up.

I started designing my gear progression to build several cheaper items instead of rushing something hugely expensive (this allows me to gank better during early and mid game). I've come to recognize when enemy teams must be using tons of wards and buy oracle to shut down their map awareness. I learned a few champs who are really good early game, because most ranked games are decided relatively early on. I learned that doing the right thing (like continuing to push an empty lane) is better than assisting your teammates with fail strategies when they start screaming at you. Etc. etc.

If you believe you don't deserve to be at that ELO and you're right, then it should be easier for you than it was for me to start climbing out of ELO hell.

SorkaTehWhale

02-23-2011

i think we're all mentioning the underlying problem, ELOhell and the idiots who think they can play the game, ive seen better level 10s then some of the 30s that roam *shudders*

sìdewìnder

02-24-2011

I could use a duo queue partner.