Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mundo: Carrying more than a Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

05-05-2010

Quote:
Whatev:
Don't I know it. The absolute worst thing is when you're on a team without anybody who has an actual initiating ability and who won't group up to charge, so you end up pacing back and forth waiting for everyone to be ready so you can actually attack.

You're supposed to dodge those teams if they are weak on CC and burst, or repick into a tank if the rest of the line-up is solid with CC and good burst damage.

Whatev

05-05-2010

Quote:
Echo7:
You're supposed to dodge those teams if they are weak on CC and burst, or repick into a tank if the rest of the line-up is solid with CC and good burst damage.

Yeah, in the past I didn't pay close enough attention to that sort of thing.

Rugeater the Lemurtastic

05-05-2010

I like to wait in base for a short time to start the game with 2 rejuvenation beads if I think I'm going to build stark's (when no one else on my team is) or warden's mail (when the enemy team is mostly physical). It's 16Hp5, slightly more than a regrowth pendant.

Belial

Recruiter

05-09-2010

Quote:
Echo7:

What are CC and burst?

Yellow Jester

05-09-2010

How to solve the problem of no initiation skills: be an initiator. I almost always play the initiator (if not mundo). Blitzcrank, Amumu, Gragas, all those good guys.

Kilt

05-09-2010

So, just tried out DPS mundo for the first time -- went masochism as my first skill, and red barred twitch at level 1.

I think I'm in love.

God Tank

05-09-2010

There are several mistakes i hope you fix.One leveling up sadism is useless.For about extra 5%movement speed is not needed.Increasing other skills much better.Also masochism 1st is epic.With attack runes mundo can 4shot squishies like soraka.

EchoRex

05-10-2010

Quote:
God Tank:
There are several mistakes i hope you fix.One leveling up sadism is useless.For about extra 5%movement speed is not needed.Increasing other skills much better.Also masochism 1st is epic.With attack runes mundo can 4shot squishies like soraka.

Leveling Sadism as you can gives enough speed to get to multiple people or joust more effectively during the duration.

Masochism first is not good. Mundo does not have the attack speed to justify losing ranged harassment, ranged slow and ranged damage at level one. This is from experience running a full page of crit chance runes, crit masteries and a Brawlers first. If you can hit the Cleaver consistently, you will do more damage taking it first due to as they come into range, keeping them in range, and hitting them if they Flash/Ghost away. Yes, you can get an easy first blood with stacked up crits, but you are just as likely to lose a FB opportunity due to them out ranging or exhausting you, not to mention the loss in damage output in not getting those crits.

EchoRex

05-21-2010

A Dr Mundo Beginners Build:

Ending Items:
Spirit Visage
Mercury or Ninja boots
Last Whisper
Aegis of the Legion
Phage
Youmu's Ghostblade

The boots are decided whether or not the team you are facing is very crowd control or magic damage heavy, take the Mercury Treads; or if the team is heavy on auto attack based champions, take the Ninja Tabi. The Ninja Tabi also potentiate and make Dodge runes an even better choice for your Seal Runes.

If the game lasts long enough you'll want to upgrade that Phage into a Frozen Mallet if you're needing more survivability, or into a Trinity Force to gain more damage output.

Build priority and progression:
Start with Rejuvenation Bead and 3-5 Health Potions
-> Spirit Visage
-> Boots of Speed
-> Health Crystal for Aegis
-> Ninja or Merc boots
-> Recurve Bow for Last Whisper
-> Complete Aegis of the Legion
-> Complete Last Whisper
-> Brutalizer for the Youmu's
-> Phage
-> Complete Youmu's
-> Complete Frozen Mallet or Trinity Force

EchoRex

05-23-2010

Updated main guide.

Added the Beginners Item Build to the very end of the OP after further testing on differing accounts.

This build works amazingly well at everything from level 1 Summoner with no runes, to level 30 with full rune pages.