Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mundo: Carrying more than a Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

04-30-2010

Except a recurve builds into something you want, a Stark's or Last Whisper, instead of the comparative waste of a slot that the Nashor's which the Stinger would build into would be for Mundo.

The CDR is a great, don't get me wrong, but it isn't worth wasting an item slot and delaying items that will increase your survivability more or increase your damage more and, more than likely, do both at the same time.

If you're looking for more CDR, take a Brutalizer on top of the SV, and just rush into a Youmu's.
_

Ebonclaw

04-30-2010

The innuendo of your title drives me crazy. Perhaps at some point I will read the guide, see if it inspires me to try out Mundo again. Until then, this is just a friendly bump, I suppose. :P

EchoRex

05-01-2010

Ha, you should give it a try.

The Build v2 is a monster, but have been generally ending the game even in solo queue with about 3.5k+ gold with nothing to spend it on even with the sell/buy of boots to get the Elixirs.

Youmu's is devastating on Mundo, the activated ability is incredible when combined with even just one other attack speed item and Sadism run speed. Makes for easy mage/carry smashing and getting to the next mage/carry that you are going to murder.

Solo queue of 22/3/14 with Levi/SV/Ninja/Youmu/LW/EC. Normally I would just laugh at that kind of score, but it was just a constant run back and forth that the build enabled. Without the extra crit from the EC and the extra armor pen from the LW I don't believe I would have gotten close to that score even with a 20 stack Levi and early Youmu.
_

Nohealsfoyou

05-02-2010

Quote:
Indophal:
Now I've been going the somewhat peculiar route of waiting at base for an extra 25g (which takes about 18 seconds with greed) then buying two beads. Popping ghost brings me to a side lane with seconds to spare before the first enemy minion dies. Greatest benefit when your lanemate has neither tools nor interest for first blood. Anyway, it gives you greater regen than a pendant, while building directly into two very useful items- visage and emblem.

someone give this man a cookie, i tried this out for 3 games in row , best early game build i ever read for mundo , and it sets u up for mid-game lovely , sadly i only won 1 of those 3 games lost the other 2 cuz 2 afkers in a row , we held out for 40ish minutes but lost cuz it was too much , MM is broken atm , but this is very effective for early game dominance which is very important for mundo, in all 3 games i had like 2-4 kills before the 15 min mark every game with mundo played out the same way before ,
, and always got firstblood from the harassment of cleavers. i never would of thought of putting greed to good use like that , thank you for thinking outside of the box.

EchoRex

05-02-2010

Yeah, that works admirably, I just haven't really been able to fit that second bead into my recent builds.

I suggest anyone and everyone who does use a Stark's to do that, you will be amazed at how much it helps.

Vijaya

05-03-2010

I love the idea behind this, but I'm just not good with Mundo. Think you could post a video of your playing, Echo, so that I can watch and learn?

EchoRex

05-03-2010

Ehh I'll see if I can load one up to xfire or livestream sometime soon.

If you want an exhibition of what its supposed to look like you'll have to wait till I can get a full premade going, solo queue isn't exactly friendly to Mundo usually, too hit or miss on the teammates. o.0

Yellow Jester

05-05-2010

^I never have problems with my build, unless I make early mistakes.

EchoRex

05-05-2010

The build isn't a problem, especially Build v2 which tends to end games either before or at 25min, but if that rarity does occur of lasting longer, it gets to the point where I have 3k+ gold for continuous boots/elixirs.

The problem is compensating for people trying dumb builds, feeding, and not focusing. If you're doing that, you look slightly idiotic on tape running back and forth all the time.

Hell best solo queue game recently with Mundo looked completely terrible due to that, but ended 23/3/14.

Whatev

05-05-2010

Quote:
Echo7:
The build isn't a problem, especially Build v2 which tends to end games either before or at 25min, but if that rarity does occur of lasting longer, it gets to the point where I have 3k+ gold for continuous boots/elixirs.

The problem is compensating for people trying dumb builds, feeding, and not focusing. If you're doing that, you look slightly idiotic on tape running back and forth all the time.

Hell best solo queue game recently with Mundo looked completely terrible due to that, but ended 23/3/14.

Don't I know it. The absolute worst thing is when you're on a team without anybody who has an actual initiating ability and who won't group up to charge, so you end up pacing back and forth waiting for everyone to be ready so you can actually attack.