Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mundo: Carrying more than a Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Be Calm Carry On

04-19-2010

Now I've been going the somewhat peculiar route of waiting at base for an extra 25g (which takes about 18 seconds with greed) then buying two beads. Popping ghost brings me to a side lane with seconds to spare before the first enemy minion dies. Greatest benefit when your lanemate has neither tools nor interest for first blood. Anyway, it gives you greater regen than a pendant, while building directly into two very useful items- visage and emblem.

Dead Myth

04-20-2010

I used to rush Warmog's but now with the Spirit Visage buff (it's seriously night and day now) I don't even bother. I get one bead, two pots and a ward (for TT). Build Mercury Treads, Spirit Visage then Force of Nature. Survivability is so high that I don't bother building Warmog's any more, which is almost mindblowing since I exclusively play tanks. If the game lasts longer, I'll pick up Last Whisper.

Running with Cleanse + Ignite at the moment, been on a pretty nice streak with it so far.

Whatev

04-24-2010

Following your template, HP is going to be low throughout the early-midgame where fast nukers are typically a problem. How do you recommend dealing with this? Should I try to get some more health, or do you prefer a different method? I can try harder to suppress them in the early game to prevent them from becoming threats, but it's not possible to do that for the residents of the opposite lane.

EchoRex

04-24-2010

The past few times I've played Mundo, I've been able to take both a Spirit Visage and Leviathan early in the game, due to very rapid kills and pushes.

I've put together a bit of an update, but haven't gotten my premades together enough to really test it out, so it hasn't been posted yet.

The first general item goal has been: SV, Levi, Ninja, Zeal, Cloak, and Negatron

Then progress those items into: SV, Levi, Ninja, Phantom, Banshees, and Exec Calling or Phantom

Depending on how the match is going, and how close I am to a real upgrade I have been taking Red and Green elixirs a bit, they can make a big difference in a push mid game for the very cheap cost. So far I've been atleast breaking even in gold spent vs gold earned with them up, all the while pushing a tower or turning a team fight with them.

But before I really go into how it flows, I want more games with people I know and who know how Mundo actually works to work the kinks out of the updated plan.
_

Inarus

04-27-2010

and you leave out a starks? Is that really a wise thing to do?

I guess with a fully stacked Levi you got enough hp and regen to keep health up.. but I reckon in teamfights it is still pretty useful.

EchoRex

04-27-2010

It is really not that great of an investment when going for a crit chance build due to the cost of it delaying your Phantom Dancers, and the primary build for Mundo is crit chance based. Crit is just too devastating with Masochism to decentralize its priority in a build.

I generally only take a Stark's when I've decided I'm only going to complete about a 6k gold build. Stark's isn't all that fantastic if you're looking to push towers and stomp tanks, the main point of going for an armor pen build, a Last Whisper will treat you much better, especially when stacked with Armor Pen runes and a Brutalizer.

With the Ghostblade in effect now, I'm going to probably be splitting the builds for both aspects; a GB, an EC and a Last Whisper with boots/SV/Levi; will be interesting to see how well it pans out.

Stark's in general is over rated. It is far superior to a Malady for almost every champion, but people make the mistake of thinking it is a core item for most champions when it really isn't as good as an EC for a build that needs to gain crit rapidly, or a BT for one that needs to gain damage quickly.

Whatev

04-27-2010

New 2 stack for an assist Leviathan is pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Inarus

04-29-2010

yea.. noticed that. with Mundo it means you most certainly fill it with 20 stacks.

EchoRex

04-30-2010

Small update to items and at the end a small section on TT.

Haven't had time to make a night of it to test out everything else, so all of that will be included at a later update.

Adel Dijerek

04-30-2010

Wouldn't a Stinger be far superior to a Recurve Bow on Mundo? Sure, it costs 90 more gold, but you can build it piece by piece, so if a match looks tough you get an extra boost even earlier, and more importantly, it boasts 10% CDR. Combined with Spirit Visage, that puts you at 22% CDR already, which rapidly becomes 25% with the offensive cooldown mastery and even more with flat CDR runes. This means that, just by expending 2.5k, you have 30% CDR and a Sadism that is up pretty much everytime. This gives you UNPARALLELED tankiness, speed, damage (40% ATKSPD is nothing to scoff at on slowass Mundo) and cleaverspam very early in the game. Sure, Nashor's tooth is useless, but on quick games you won't get there and you'll love that Sadism on a 42 sec. cooldown (or 36 if you get 10 more CDR).