Mundo: Carrying more than a Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

02-15-2010

Spirit Visage, Merc Treads, Starks, IE is another very strong build. Add health quints, and you have a Mundo with huge burst, good survivability and utility.

Early Spirit Visage let's you solo dragon at 6 now.

The Solutionist

02-15-2010

The build is a-frekin-mazing now man, won a game with no deaths @ start because of pots, was fighting eve twitch shaco ryze and alistar. Win. They kept swapping them because they kept dying, Win man, Epic win.

Tarion

02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
Spirit Visage, Merc Treads, Starks, IE is another very strong build. Add health quints, and you have a Mundo with huge burst, good survivability and utility.

I tried that last night (Absolutely wasted, just fyi) and died to Dragon. It was close though. Thinking back, I may have had Burning Agony up - I gather that's not the way to beat the Dragon?

(Don't judge me. Properly drunk when playing. I just don't have Mundo on my smurf account :P )

EDIT: Oh, and since I set this up on the fly I was running only 2 health quints and Health/level seals. Just in case getting dragon at 6 needs a perfect setup.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

02-15-2010

Burning Agony is probably a bad idea, in fact you should probably wait with taking it until after 6.

I guess that's why it didn't work, every time I've tried it's been easy.

EchoRex

02-15-2010

Heh, yeah FailboatHellfire, the build now is pretty beastial after it gets to the Zeal/EC/Negatron point.

Getting an early kill, or three, and there really is no recovering now for your opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post

I'm going to have to try the early Stark's builds again with the new Spirit Visage, tossing in a Brutalizer for serious armor shredding.

Thinking rush SV, grab boots1, get Emblem, complete Starks, get Merc/Ninja, get Brutalizer and roll from there into an IE or Banshee's depending.

freykin

02-16-2010

Echo7, just tried out your most recent one, and it was ridiculous fun. Things got way imba (was a practice game), and ended up going 34-2. The starks and brutalizer really shined, i followed that up with an infinity edge and phantom dancer. I don't expect to ever get that much gold normally, but sure was fun. Had an Alistar who was perfectly setting things up for me, was great

shedim

02-20-2010

Hey Echo. Long time I've seen a good Mundo, what makes me kinda sad. I used to play him since release right to when they introduced Executioners. Had a similar build (focussing around attackspeed, crit and raw damage, but I lacked the mitigation) and your guide really makes me dig out my former most favourite champion and smack some squishies with my cleaver.

I know Mundo goes where he pleases, but I'd love to play a couple of games with you or at least have a little chat with you on vent.

Definitely one of the best written guides on the forums. Keep updating it! You did a great job. Can't wait to test it.

See ya ingame!

Samurro

02-24-2010

Nice guide, but I dont understand why you get Dodge runes over Health runes? Where is the point in this? You negate the usefulness of Mundo's passive...

EchoRex

02-24-2010

Against a team that isn't super CC stacked, I run Ninja Tabi, that combined with the runes nets me just over 20% actual dodge chance. That is a straight, 20% reduction in damage from auto attacks, avoids auto attack modifying abilities like Pick a Card or Udyr's stances.

Increasing the amount of time it takes to kill me, increases the number of life stealing attacks I get off, increases the number of Sadism/Passive ticks I get in, and increases the number of Cleavers you can throw.

Health runes aren't really all that effective for increasing Mundo's healing abilities, the much more efficient way to increase healing on someone is to increase the ratio of incoming heal amount compared to incoming damage. The best way to do that, is to negate the damage, rather than take a percentage of a small number while taking more damage.
_

FanciestPants

02-25-2010

Great guide, really improved my playstyle as Mundo. I can almost always go where I please when I get a solid part of this build up.

I did notice at the point where I had my boots, my visage, a Zeal and Dancer, and an Executioner's Calling that I was still a bit fragile.(By this I mean my overall hp and lifesteal and would usually keep me topped off, but my health pool itself is a bit small. This gets me bursted down sometimes before I can click on my Sadism and not worry so much) At this point in the game, should I invest into something that would allow me to get more attack damage to improve my lifesteal, or just buy a Warmog's or something similar to reduce my squish factor.

This late in the game I'm critting like every other hit, so health regeneration from lifesteal is constant and good, but I can still be taken out when a few people really put their mind to killing me.(Usually when my Sadism happens to be on cooldown) I play Mundo not to be a tank, which as mentioned isn't really usefull, but to mess with the enemies and hunt down their little casters.(Thankfully, almost nobody can competently dodge my many cleavers.)

So...after that very wordy post, what's your preference? Should i just dive straight into more damage, or should I focus on getting more overall hp/armor? Or would attack speed/overall lifesteal be more usefull in this stage of the game?

Edit:I'm still a level away from Tier 3 runes, so I've been playing without them for now. Could that be something vital I'm missing?(Planning to make a set when I can)