Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mundo: Carrying more than a Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

06-03-2010

That "flat" damage percent is decreased by magic resist. So are sunfire capes. And Burning Agony. Your attack speed for those Masochism buffed auto attacks is 0.7-0.8, aka once every ~1.3 seconds, aka sub 200 DPS, BEFORE ARMOR.

Your damage output is abysmal mid and late game, you have no worrisome CC, and you have no team buffs. What exactly is the reason to target Tank Mundo? Other than wishful thinking on the idiot player's part of course.

Vijaya

06-08-2010

Quote:
Echo7:
Snip

Let me just add that the clevers deal % based damage. This means they do the most damage to tanks. At full health. The only real damage tank Mundo can deal is TO TANKS AT FULL HEALTH. First person to name a reason to target tanks at full health that isn't "To scare the bejeezus out of them" gets a cookie.

Quote:
Other than wishful thinking on the idiot player's part of course.

Ugh I wish this didn't happen so much. I'm stuck in the middle ELO, and I see sooooo many tank Mundo's doing well it just depresses me. I lost last game because the enemy team had a Malphite, Olaf and tank Mundo, and my idiot team didn't understand that he needed to ambush them so we could hit their Ashe and Kennen >.<

Quote:
dirtpoor:
DPS MUNDO GO WHERE HE PLEASES!

Fix'd.

Side note to Echo: I'm not the greatest player, but if you're ever looking for someone to pre-made with that isn't an idiot, I'm down. I can also assure you that you can yell at me all you want and I'll still listen to your advice and shamelessly bump your guide!

EchoRex

06-08-2010

Quote:
Vijaya:
Let me just add that the clevers deal % based damage. This means they do the most damage to tanks. At full health. The only real damage tank Mundo can deal is TO TANKS AT FULL HEALTH. First person to name a reason to target tanks at full health that isn't "To scare the bejeezus out of them" gets a cookie.

They are still reduced by magic resist. The damage that is reduced is the percentage of the target's current health.

And yeah might take you up on that if my normal people are being alzy, haven't gotten to really do much of anything, straight 7/7 work rotation ftmfl.

Grinning Monster

Recruiter

06-08-2010

I play a decent Amumu, I'm in the EDT timezone, and I'm down for some premade action. I usually work 12:30-9:30 or 1-10 M-F. Hit me up. Wonderful guide, btw.

EchoRex

06-15-2010

Tweaked builds v1 and v2 with what works more consistently.

Added summary of what the focus of each build is before the builds are listed.

Leviathan has been removed due to the high probability of losing stacks late game once your opponents realize you must be targeted because you have real damage output unlike terribad tank builds.

Replaced Leviathan with Giant's Belt to be completed into a Frozen Mallet, which is to be the last item completed.

Removed EC from v1 in favor of Atma's. Better damage output, which fits the focus of the build better.

Whatev

06-15-2010

They nerfed Leviathan anyway; it's much harder to get and maintain a high stack level now.

EchoRex

06-15-2010

One of the main reasons they lost their consistency and their worth as an item to pick for anything but a face rolling match.

Mamox

06-16-2010

I hope this thread is still read lol. But my only issue with this build is does he have enough HP?

I often get Warmogs first, and even though people say it is bad the more HP=more his ulti heals. Pair it with an Atma's and then a Zeal/ghostblade his damage is really nice.

Only problem is that build is extremely expensive, which is why i am interested in this. I am just concerned that a PURE dps build such as this has him starving for health. I believe Mundo thrives while dealing DPS and surviving heavy abuse, so I love having as much or more HP than a tank would, with good damage to boot.

EchoRex

06-16-2010

Yes, this actually has more HP than is necessary to run Spirit Visage Mundo once you start really playing him proficiently. Your job is to deal massive damage, and Mundo does this exquisitely well while also maintaining higher-than-every-other-carry-survivability.

I haven't stressed the play as a carry aspect outside of the first post, which you've really reminded me I need to do so again.

Will have an updated OP and a follow up post of "don't suck, play the champion to full potential" when I get a chance to type out a coherent and articulate entry.

Nephwrack

06-20-2010

Really, REALLY liking this guide. Been playing Mundo a lot since reading it; I'm still new to LoL, still trying out other champs, but this is not only one of the bets-thought-out and sensible guides for any hero I've found, but Mundo in general is hilariously fun and fits my style quite well. I'm still learning a lot about mid-lategame stuff, but practicing cleaverwhoring plentifully, from start to finish of each game, and very much enjoying it. Both the cleaver spam and Mundo, that is.