*HOW-TO* Hack your hud (by editing the .gfx files)

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phauxe

05-17-2012

Thanks for a quick response I will check these programs out. As for the 1 pixel lines im patient and enjoy this sort of thing... crazy I know but ive got the time, so why not go for it Thanks again.

Phauxe

05-17-2012

Hmm the download speeds for the ace client seem to be extremely slow and I am having a rough time downloading it. I appreciate the info but im on hold till I get this client, ive looked into it and it seems perfect for more than just editing my files. Thanks a bunch I look forward to talking to you again.

Phauxe

05-24-2012

I have decided to use the Raf manager I cant get the ace client to download. I downloaded your ui again after the new patch and realized you went to the Raf Manager as well. I was curious about how one gets all the new .dds files they made into the archive folders for use and whats needed to make them work.

Perb

05-24-2012

Riot uses one image file for all the UI skins now. In Raf Manager, it is located in:
0.0.0.95/DATA/Menu/HUD/Elements/Textures/HUDAtlas.tga

Right click it, dump it somewhere, make a backup, and then edit away.

To test changes:
- Have League of Legends closed or be in the lobby client.
- Drag file into Raf Manager, enable it with the far right button, and then File -> Pack.
- Close Raf Manager and create and game (I mostly use the tutorial).

Tomorrow I'll mess around with some new .ini files and see if I can move/scale some UI frames individually.

edit: Some initial testing for making the team frame horizontal went well. Screenshots below.

TucanSam

05-24-2012

Can this be used to alter the size of the minimap? This is all pretty much Greek to me...

Perb

05-24-2012

Most likely, yes, but I don't know specifically how to do it yet.

Phauxe

05-25-2012

Thanks for all the help so far I am slowly understanding more and more I have played around with a few of my panels and got some interesting but good results. My question is this, how come when in game with Riot's default installation and ui I can scale my ui up or down with the slider in the option menu, and when it scales everything scales with it and stays flush and pretty. When I install my ui or perb ui this doesnt work, borders are slightly off. I am wondering where the code is that makes this work.

Perb

05-26-2012

Pretty sure it's just normal issues with pixel lines and scaling. It's like in WoW, where it had that magic scale for each resolution to get pixel perfect lines/borders. I'm not sure if League of Legends has a specific scale that will work perfectly.

Phauxe

05-26-2012

Here was what I was talking about as well as an update of my progression. You responded before I could, to fast mr. Anyways yeah I had loads of fun with the ui's in wow but didnt they eventually put another ui scale option in there to correct that pesky pixel problem. (HINT HINT RIOT) More to come after some games and a nap.

Attachment 448233

Perb

05-26-2012

That's definitely close. Looking good so far.

For minor adjustments to the scale:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.153\deploy\DATA\menu\hud\hud1920x1080.ini

You'll have to be out of game when you change this. Being in the lobby client is fine.

1234567 ... 12