Unranked players - The reason 1300 and 1400 elo is hell!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobius the Grand

02-20-2011

What OP is getting at is that when you first start playing ranked games you're technically unranked and have some weird floating elo. He believes you should be matched with people who are at least ranked at a particular elo and not the unranked players with the floating elo.

Talavara

02-22-2011

i was in 1400's then got matched upw ith ppl in the 1600-1700 when my team was all 1300 ... uh i lose alot because of failed matchmaking

underSCORE8

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo Screen View Post
cry baby. you get out of that elo bracket if you're good enough to carry these so called "unranked" players. If you can't then you deserve to be stuck in there
I agree with this and disagree.

Not all of us play carries for one. Also, not all of us are 1700+ players. I don't believe that a 1500 or so player can carry one unranked, a 1300, 1350 and 1400 player, especially when that unranked player belongs at around 1000. Compounded by the other team possibly not having that same person because they could just as well have a second 1300 player with 200 games played that is WAY better than the unranked player. But since the person has not played enough they are considered to be in the same class when matchmaking gets the teams together.

You also have to assume that the other team is going to have at least one player that is as good as your best player.

At the same time, I have learned how to better help the team mates that are not doing well and that seems to be making all the difference. I don't feel that it is so much "carry the team" because that imply's that you get all of the kills. I think that you need to learn how to compensate for your team mates weaknesses.

I think that a very clear example of this would be having a Garen on your team in a fairly even game and Garen takes a lot of the kills with his ult. A good player would let the actual carries get the last hits instead of ulting. This is often not the case though, and this Garen might come out 10-3 or something when the carries are 5-5 or something and believe that he did better than they did. When he in fact gimped them in order for his own KDR to be higher.

This is higher level of play that most do not understand and it is very hard to explain to people. Only getting kills is not always the best thing to do in a game, and "carry the team" only makes people think of getting kills.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Unload View Post
I have seen games where a person will mention a champ and the captain is forced to ban it, so a lose does not ensue.

Let me know what you guys think if this is the problem or maybe part of the problem.
Yeah, it's a big problem. I don't mention who I play anymore because some guy thought he'd be a cute little d!ck and then ban me because the champ i prefer is 'bottom tier' on some jerk's list that a majority of people worship like it's an official Riot release paper.

Jokingly

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Trazier View Post
Yeah, it's a big problem. I don't mention who I play anymore because some guy thought he'd be a cute little d!ck and then ban me because the champ i prefer is 'bottom tier' on some jerk's list that a majority of people worship like it's an official Riot release paper.
I would frequently ban heroes in HoN that were awful just so my team couldn't pick them. If you insist on slamming Mundo you can join a normal game que.