How does IP/XP gain work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WardenRedSin

01-25-2010

I'm new to the game and I was wonder what exactly affects these numbers. I'm particularly interested in how much IP can be gained from playing bot matches. Any help would be appreciated.

Slide

01-25-2010

Ok, there are a few modifiers that effect these.

First things first: Normal games give you them most, Practice games give less, Practice games against bots give even less (though minutely). You get more for winning then losing. True for both IP and XP. However you will gain NO ip or xp if the game does not start with 10 players in it (IE: shorting a practice game)

You can spend real $ to buy 2x boosts that last for a set amount of days. This affects all game types.

Aside from that, you gain a bonus to IP for 2 things: Consecutive games with no leaves (23 IP per game at max I believe) and if you win, the shorter the game was, you get a bonus. If you lose, the longer the game was, you get a bonus. I have never seen more then 13 IP rewarded in this way.

Thats it thats all.

As to bot matches. Use them to learn the game. Learn new chamops. Aside from that, they are pretty useless. Bots are terrible and if you get used to playing against them, you will get destroyed by players. Any half decent player can win a game against 5 bots without breaking a sweat.

Best way to get your IP is play normal games. Even if you lose, youll get more then you would have for winning a practice game.

Hope that helps!

WardenRedSin

01-25-2010

Thanks a lot, that's very helpful.

Slide

01-25-2010

My pleasure man. Feel free to add me to buddy list if you need more answers. Im always happy to help.

Dorkko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

Is there a level in which ip/xp earning is cutoff in practice? I haven't gotten any ip/xp from practice for most of those matches for quite some time now.

Piffster

01-29-2010

Not sure I get how IP works either, do longer matches get you better IP than short ones?

Been getting 100 ish IP for a win, then the next game its like 260

Tricolor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffster View Post
Not sure I get how IP works either, do longer matches get you better IP than short ones?

Been getting 100 ish IP for a win, then the next game its like 260
if you lose a long match you get bonus ip
if you win a long match there is no bonus ip

if you lose a short match you wont get bonus ip
if you win a short match you get bonus ip

the 260 ip gain probably was the first win of the day which gives you double ip, it resets after 22hours of your last first win of the day

you also gets bonus ip for not leaving in past matches

Tricolor

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkko View Post
Is there a level in which ip/xp earning is cutoff in practice? I haven't gotten any ip/xp from practice for most of those matches for quite some time now.
after lvl 11 you only get xp in 4 matches per period of 22hours between the first matches
also you need to follow:
- same numbers of champs on both teams(doesnt matter if its a bot or human)
- match needs to last longer than 11 minutes

Piffster

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
if you lose a long match you get bonus ip
if you win a long match there is no bonus ip

if you lose a short match you wont get bonus ip
if you win a short match you get bonus ip

the 260 ip gain probably was the first win of the day which gives you double ip, it resets after 22hours of your last first win of the day

you also gets bonus ip for not leaving in past matches
Ohh ok that makes sense, thanks

Dorkko

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
after lvl 11 you only get xp in 4 matches per period of 22hours between the first matches
also you need to follow:
- same numbers of champs on both teams(doesnt matter if its a bot or human)
- match needs to last longer than 11 minutes
Thanks =) I was searching the forums for previous topics on this but not much came up that I managed to find at least. Thanks a lot for getting back to me =D