[GUIDE] Nasus: The Passive Killer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngryWombat

10-09-2009

or Nasus: The Anti-Tank Tank

Nasus is a complex character, and can be played may ways. That being said I've had the most luck playing Nasus as a tank focused on his passive damage Ult and ability to chase down low health heroes.

[Abilities]

Siphoning Strike - Nasus's next attack will deal an additional 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 damage. Siphoning Strike permanently gains 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 damage whenever it kills an enemy. This skill sounds good, but it takes to long to accumulate damage, plus I suck at last hitting creeps. This is not the focus of the build. Add one point early if you want to start leveling it, but finish it off late game.

Wither - Nasus ages his target, slowing their movement and attack speed by 32% and reducing it further by 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20% each second for 5 seconds. A good skill to chase down lower helth heroes, and early harassment.

Spirit Fire - After a brief delay, the target area becomes desecrated. Enemies in the area have their armor reduced by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 and are dealt 20 / 34 / 48 / 62 / 76 (+0 per ability power) magic damage each second. Your bread and butter skill. This will rake in the money you will be needing. The cooldown is fast, and at lvl 3 it can obliterate mage creeps and lvl 5 all creeps. You will want to cast this as often as you can early game, making lots of gold. Mid to late game it will help lower heroes armor in team battles.

Avatar of Death - Nasus transforms into the Avatar of Death, gaining 300 / 400 / 500 health and 40 / 50 / 60% attack speed for 15 seconds. While in this form, he drains 3 / 5 / 6% of nearby enemies' health each second (300 damage max per second) and converts it into bonus attack damage. Here's where you can start making some kills. Although I recommend waiting till you get some armor, before you just jump into team battles with this on, as it makes you a very large target.

(Passive) Soul Eater - Nasus drains his foe's spiritual energy, giving him a natural 10/15/20% Lifesteal. Not very useful in this build.

[Ability order]

1:Spirit Fire
2:Wither (or Siphoning Strike)
3:Spirit Fire
4;Wither
5:Spirit Fire
6:Avatar of Death
7:Spirit Fire
8:Wither
9:Spirit Fire
10:Wither
11::Avatar of Death
12:Wither
13:Siphoning Strike (or Wither)
14:Siphoning Strike
15:Siphoning Strike
16:Avatar of Death
17:Siphoning Strike
18:Siphoning Strike

[items]

like most tanks you will focus armor and health, but you will also burn though mana early game laying lots of Spirit Fires.

Meki Pendant - good start mana regain

Chalice of Harmony - build Meki to chalice, great mana regain when you need it most, and free 40 magic resist, always good for a tank.

Boots of Mobility - I usually go mobility boots, as I don't choose a teleport spell and it helps with chasing down hereos as they run away. Alternatively you could go with Boots of Swiftness.

Sunfire Cape - You will want to stack the passive damage of sunfire capes with your Ult to do some real damage. Great armor and health boost. I usually get the armor part first as Nasus has low natural armor. Keep stacking these till the game is over, I usually get 2-3 by that time. Now you are a tank, go ahead and jump into those team battles, throw down your Spirit Fire and soften up some guys. As they run away, put up your Ult and chance them down. With your Ult you can do 300dmg/sec + 40 per sunfire cap. That can add up to 420/sec with 3 capes! At that rate you usually just need to run along side them till they collapse. But remember you have that slow also, so chase them down and throw that slow on them so the rest of your team gets some action. You take take a few swings if you like, but it's really you'r passive damage that's going to make the kill.

This works great against other tanks as well. The softer tanks like Malphite, you'll drop in no time. I often win 1-on-1 fights with other tanks like Amumu as well, as you don't need to attack for damage, just stay close.

[runes]

well the sunfire capes will give you enough armor and health, I recommend mostly magic resist. As you will only gain 40 from the chalice. Mix that will a little more mana regain and/or your favourite tank runes.

[spells]

Ignite
- I like ignite as it gives you more harassment at the start and works well with this build's non-attack damage. I don't recommend improving this skill.
Exhaust - Two slows are better than one, and with the improved Exhaust, you get another 25 point armor penetration.

Heal/Rally
- Again works well for the start since you won't be getting any passive HP regain. Rally can work great in team battles, or tower pushes.

Ghost
- this might help as well, but I haven't needed it.

[skills]

Defence is a good choice, but you will defiantly need more natural mana regain to improve your chalice. I play with 0-21-9

That's about it, just keep in mind you probably won't get a bunch of kills, and any at all till late game. But you will be almost impossible to kill, and farm/lanepush great. I've been getting scores around 6-0-20. Hopefully once they fix Nasus's Ult bug, this will improve even more.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2009

When the attack bonus for Nasus' ult is working, I can see this build being viable. Otherwise, I find that most of his survivability issues can be handled with his lifesteal alone.

Lastly, there seems to be a couple of tooltip errors. In game, the max bonus is 240 dmg/s instead of 300 (or it might scale, idk). The ult cooldown is about 105 seconds instead of 90s.

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/cham...r_of_the_sands

SmecssRaege

10-09-2009

There already is an anti-tank tank in the game

Amumu...and his anti-tank effects are on permanently.... but none the less, still interesting enough that i might give it a whirl some day =P