LoL Client always crashes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoopedH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2011

Almost every time I play, my client crashes for no apparent reason. I thought it was my anti-virus AVG, but my friend has it and he has no problems. What happens the most often is when my friend and I talk on skype, my game immediately crashes right after the champion selection screen says "Prepare yourselves! the battle is about to begin!". The game client will try to enter the loading screen, but then it just crashes and I get a bugsplat pop-up and I can't connect until everyone else is in game, no matter how many times I hit the reconnect button. Another problem might be that I play on an external monitor, but I don't know why that would be a problem.

Should I reinstall the client? Could it be a driver issue? Thanks for any feedback.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

02-14-2011

So this happens all the time or intermittently?

If you're able to successfully patch and log in and you're willing to reinstall the client; you may want to try out the beta patcher to see if it syncs your files with the standard files. If it works, it works, if it doesn't then you were willing to reinstall the client anyway.

PoopedH

02-14-2011

The most noticeable instance is when I'm skyping with my friend and playing as I mentioned in the previous post. Could it be that my CPU can't handle it? I'd hope not because I don't think I'm really lacking in that area. All in all, I do find that it happens the most when I'm skyping. By myself the client seems to be fine other than some frame rate issues every once in a while.

Sometimes the game artifacts as well causing particles to just become black squares and the framerate becomes pitifully low as well. Sometimes I go in and out of windowed mode to fix it. Would it be helpful to post computer specs? I highly doubt that this could be the problem but at this point I'm really not sure. I'm kind of reluctant to reinstall, but if its the last choice I have I guess I'll have to do it.