Split Push - How?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS113cb069f01c3897ae46c

02-14-2011

Hey guys.

I 've seen many teams using split push strategies(not my team though :P)

So i want to know what it takes to make a well executed split push.

When to do it/SHOULD you do it?

How to do it?

TY

Cracklin Oats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2011

Shen and Nid are great for split pushing

Malachi Nnelg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2011

kill the other team and then split between 2 lanes, when they comeback, book it out of there. Duh

Politburo

02-14-2011

When: when the enemy has a good teamfight comp or is turtling a lot
How: Push 2+ lanes of choice and ward/have enough map awareness to tell if they're going to try and gank one of your pushes

LaBroma

02-14-2011

something tells me you gotta split, and push, and profit somewhere at the end

Siegfryd

02-14-2011

Have 4 people push one lane, one of these people must be able to stop a fight from happening (Veigar, Anivia, Lux, Morgana etc.). The other one person pushing must either have a global teleport (Shen, Pantheon, TF) or high mobility (Nidalee, Shaco, Evelynn).

Foxflare

02-14-2011

When: If you can't 5v5 them underneath one of their turrets without dying. Team Comp > All for this. You have baron buff? Doesn't matter. It's a very common mistake to get baron and think "Oh, we have baron buff, we must 5 man push down mid" when even with baron buff the towers are still too strong at that point.

How: Take your strongest tower pushers/pokers and split them up in multiple lanes. Usually push in a 2-3 configuration. Split your team up so that even if they split react 2-3 themselves, your ability to siege a tower in both groups is strong enough that you'll kill their towers momentarily. If they decide to 5man gank one of the groups, that is, if at /any time/ one group goes MIA, the threatened group stops sieging and backs off while the safe group destroys a tower. Rinse and repeat until you reach inhibs.

edit: re 4-1 split push configuration -- only works if you have a global/high mobility champion. Almost all teams are capable of regular split pushing though, which is mostly done 2-3.

Cold Fusion

02-14-2011

Put one person in one lane, then another in a different lane.

Proceed to split push.

Mordiford

02-14-2011

I get so annoyed when my team doesn't know to split push, particularly when I'm playing something like Master Yi, Sivir or Twisted Fate.

It's just a matter of timing your pushes so both waves arrive at the towers at roughly the same time, with the 4 man push arriving slightly earlier. The opposing team is forced to split resources and in some cases will have to send two people to defend one tower, particularly in the case of Sivir or Master Yi.

In the case of Twisted Fate or someone else with global teleport, when they send one person, you switch to another lane entirely or teleport to your team and start a fight.

This also works for turtling where you have 4 people defend and one person with teleport go out and push, if those people try and 5 v 4 on a tower, you teleport back and it's now a 5 v 5 with a tower in your favor.

It's all a matter of keeping lanes pushed and not letting the other team push back, more-so than it is about taking towers. It helps keep the pressure up and allows you to get team objectives more easily when they're up since one of you can just split off and take a tower if the other team goes to stop you.

JediDwag

02-14-2011

I recommend using Singed. Ward their jungle, and then have singed push top or bot, and the other 4 on the team push the other lane. The enemy team with usually either go for singed, who can simply run away with his great escapes, or the enemy team with try to engage the 4 who are pushing the other lane, and then they simply back out as Singed collects his free tower. The key is to ward so that the enemy team doesn't surround and surprise you, and also the 4 people can not engage in a fight unless they have an advantage, like 2 people go to stop singed or something.