Best Tank Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheyCallMeGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

Kay so i wanna build a tank rune page only prob is i cant decide on what to stack or if i should stack a bit or everything im really debating over HP per lvl or doge :S:S:S
And for the tank champs i play are mostly amumu and alistar anyways let me know what you guys think.

Alarik33

01-24-2010

I actually kinda like cooldown reduction on alistar. Being able to use your ulti every fight will give you more survivability than anything else you could get from runes, and cd reduction will often let you use your stun, punt, etc twice in a fight where without them you could have done it only once, which can obviously win fights and games.

Using just your glyphs and quints can get you maxed out if you manage to get a frozen heart---at that point you can use your ulti every 48 seconds, your stun every 9, your punt and heal every 7 seconds. After that you can use your seals for mana regen, so you can use your low-cooldown abilities more without going back to spawn (couple it with a chalice and you'll be able to spam well). The marks can be whatever, really. Magic resist is pretty good, I think.

Not sure about Amumu, looking at his abilities I think he benefits from cd reduction quite a lot as well, though perhaps not as much as Alistar does.

TheyCallMeGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

Hmm CD reduction ill give that a shot even if it doesn't help my "tank" to much should be able to use the runes else where.

Im also reading good things stacked doge on jax

creakydoors

01-24-2010

Armor, MR per level.

If you find yourself with long CD's then get frozen heart/soul shroud.

Alarik33

01-24-2010

In an average game I don't get enough money for both of those. Even if I could, the money is better spent elsewhere imo.

Of course, it's a matter of personal playstyle I suppose.

Kajax

01-24-2010

Quints = Static HP
Seals = Dodge
Glyphs = MR/Level
Marks = Probably better off getting something Offensive anyway.