Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Brilliant Idea Right Here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S1XTH

02-13-2011

An item with a penalty for having it but makes up with a silly good passive. Need a name though.

Giant's Belt + Vampiric Scepter + Philosophers Stone

+450 health. +15% lifesteal. +15 Mana Regen

Unique Passive: Causes your champion's health to slowly degenerate out of combat. When in combat you gain +15 Health Regen for every enemy unit around you (including minions).

Courier Lord

02-13-2011

Passive negative regeneration is a bad mechanic, i tried suggesting it for HON back in beta and got my ass kicked by several convincing posts.

A similar concept is an activated item that then gives negative health regen for a massive stat boost (insan in dota). This means your not dying for holding it, but dying for using it.

The item essentially was built from some very basic +armour, +attackspeed, +damage items and a small recipe cost and when left in its normal form it was just the sum of its parts. So you essentially bough a recipe to save bag space. But when you activated it all it became crazy giving you 475 health, and nearly doubling all the stats but drained like ~40 health per second till turned off.

Alterity

02-13-2011

In this game I don't think that this item would work well in its present state. For a few reasons:

Tanks: Grab a Warmogs, a Force of nature, a Spirit Visage and this, and you'll be regening life out of combat from the FoN/Warmogs, and in combat you'll probably have some 70 or 80 health regen no problem.

Healers: Vlad is already tough, he can probably easily out heal the damage being done to him, and it'll just make him tankier, Trynd wouldn't be affected while ulted, and could heal enough (Though he'd have to be careful not to die when his ult ends) from his Q, Taric/Sor/Nid/Kayle could probably easily keep up with healing out of combat as well. Mundo could just ult

So imo, it sounds like an item that tanks can easily out regen, and champs that people don't want tougher could make good use of

Something other than health degen I think would work better, movement speed would be a great thing to lower, since thats hard to raise, armour/MR would reduce tankiness for using it, reducing damage/AP/attack speed reduces damage so high damage dealers don't get too much survival etc.