Support Champion and Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkavien

02-13-2011

Before I read a guide about a specific Champion, I need to find out which one is best for me and how to best rune/mastery a support champion in general

I used to play Tristanna before deciding to go with a pure support character. The reason is because i realized that I was playing Trist as a support anyway by just using rocket jump and buster to help my teammates gank.

What I would like in a Champion is a ranged caster with great utility who can benefit the team with more than just being a buff/heal bot. being able to CC to help out with a gank/teamfight or something like that.

Another problem is that the few times I have played support I was constantly WAY behind my teamates level wise, so would love it if one of the supports was a decent minion farmer, if not I will just switch one of my summoner spells to teleport to get back in a lane quickly.

Also, I have been using 0/9/21 and ALL AP runes except Flat Health Quints, is there a better way and why?

tayrex

02-13-2011

Sounds like you should look into Taric.

Senior Recruiter

02-13-2011

Or Lux. Slow, Stun, Bubble, and Mega Death Lazor. Mana per level seals and such and shes right as rain.

Arkavien

02-13-2011

yeah taric is melee (asked for ranged caster) and while his stun is great, his passive annoys me having to constantly melee to get mana and i find when i play him i die a lot (obviously my fault but I want to blame taric)

Lux seems cool, all skill shots worries me though, I am fairly new still and she definitely seems difficult to play well.

Arkavien

02-13-2011

Janna seems like she could work well for me, seems to work as a well rounded support that isn't just a buffbot, and her runspeed passive could help with escaping/getting back to lane.

Is she a good choice? and if so how would you rune for her?

BlackEminem

02-13-2011

i win a lot with lux support, you can carry bad solo Q's with her stun and aoe slow. plus shes super fun everything is a skill shot, keeps you on your toes at all times. you can support/carry with her depending on items and how fed you are. pick her up, her farm isnt great untill you get some ap tho because you can throw your E and then 1 shot all the range minions but not untill you get some ap, but its cake from there.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkavien View Post
Janna seems like she could work well for me, seems to work as a well rounded support that isn't just a buffbot, and her runspeed passive could help with escaping/getting back to lane.

Is she a good choice? and if so how would you rune for her?
Janna is one of the best: speed up for self (and a bit less for allies, but that 3% is REALLY helpful), knockup(if you it for damage on champions, you lose), ulti that both heals and functions as a osh** button(also good for pushing enemies into your allies or scattering their positions) + a shield with damage.

If you want more utility(such as better harassment), go for zilean.

LandoCal

02-13-2011

I read this and all i could think about was morgana, morgana, morgana. I just started learning her and she is EXACTLY what you describe. Janna is a really bad farmer while all morg has to do is drop a puddle on the caster creeps and walk away. Her Q is a 2 second snare at LEVEL 1, this makes ganks so easy. AP and health runes are exactly what she needs, just change to 9 0 21 for the 15% magic pen and more cooldowns. Her ult is also an aoe stun/double nuke that easily decides the outcome of every teamfight. Morgana can also solo top or even mid with her wings tied. AND with her passive spellvamp + one mana regen item she can stay in lane until 20 minutes if she wants to. Her E makes her a solo champion, and it is more than just a buff/heal. it can give you or your carry the ability to simply walk through galio, amumu, ww, or ashes ult or viegs event horizon and destroy their faces.

Arkavien

02-15-2011

Awesome, I have never played morgana I will definitely give her a try, thank you for answering my whole question and not just naming a champion and ignoring the rest of the post =)

I will definitely be giving Lux and Morgana a try, thanks for the replies!