Item build for Ashe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slīck

08-16-2009

I'm having some trouble deciding what the optimal build for ashe is. I usually go for the black cleaver because I find the armor debuff to be very useful. In essence, I'm doing several percent more damage as a result of the debuff as well as getting a very hefty 75 damage bonus. Depending on need, I usually get my boots in between building the cleaver or after it. Depending on my role in the game, I either go for the mallet or infinity edge as my third item.

However, I was wondering if an alternative +hp and atmas build would be better. Has anyone tried going mallet -> boots -> atmas? How well does that work in comparison to a pure attack build? The advantage of this build is increased durability as well as increased scalability. Each level brings me more hp which feeds the atmas. In addition I can stack on a warmog armor which also fetches an additional +attack from atmas.

I often feel my item builds for ashe is very awkward and I don't always play the character to its fullest potential. What do you think of the builds in this thread and what kind of builds do you guys go for?

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-16-2009

The HP build depends on your team makeup. You need a lot of damage to support the lack you'll have for a huge portion of the game because it takes a while to farm a decent build. It's better to just go Cleaver / Infinity / Phantom. Here's a guide that could help ya out:

Ashe Guide

Slīck

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
The HP build depends on your team makeup. You need a lot of damage to support the lack you'll have for a huge portion of the game because it takes a while to farm a decent build. It's better to just go Cleaver / Infinity / Phantom. Here's a guide that could help ya out:

Ashe Guide
Thanks for the tip. I read the guide before and I did not see the incorporation of the frozen mallet in its builds. Ashe's forzen arrow + mallet all but shut down certain melee characters and makes escaping ashe extremely difficult without help. They are looking at 70+% slowing effect from ashe alone. The +damage and the health bonus is just icing on the cake.

Teran

08-16-2009

The hp build you've brushed on is generally not a good idea, however every once in a while it's a very good option if you end up going against folks you just know are going to give you a hard time. Actually a HP build is a nice option if you're going up against an Ashe you know or suspect is better than you with a standard dps build as you will likely be able to survive anything she can throw at you in a 1v1 fight.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Thanks for the tip. I read the guide before and I did not see the incorporation of the frozen mallet in its builds. Ashe's forzen arrow + mallet all but shut down certain melee characters and makes escaping ashe extremely difficult without help. They are looking at 70+% slowing effect from ashe alone. The +damage and the health bonus is just icing on the cake.
I'm not including the HP build because rumor has it HP is getting nerfed for carries next patch, but i'm not completely sure. Waiting until Wednesday.

Gimpb

08-17-2009

The thing that frustrates me most about ashe is that aside from your ult, you're pretty harmless until late game. Thus I like to make myself a threat before worrying about hp much because realistically if they get ahold of you, you're screwed anyway.

I do often get a phange early to amplify her utility if the additional CC will be valuable.

Slīck

08-17-2009

Quote:
I'm not including the HP build because rumor has it HP is getting nerfed for carries next patch, but i'm not completely sure. Waiting until Wednesday.
I hope they nerf it big time. HP trist is way too overpowered.

Teran

08-17-2009

Quote:
You might want to mention the build in your guide regardless of its viability. You could disclaim it with the nerf warning or a "functioned in previous build" note just so people know when they see the term floating around that the build didn't come after your guide or that you didn't cover it because you were unaware of it.

WinterAyars

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teran View Post
You might want to mention the build in your guide regardless of its viability. You could disclaim it with the nerf warning or a "functioned in previous build" note just so people know when they see the term floating around that the build didn't come after your guide or that you didn't cover it because you were unaware of it.
Not much to add, but everyone should always add the version they're talking about (or what time the guide was made, etc) so that people will have context when coming back. You never know when something will get drastically changed, and having that context helps people out a lot.

Mirax

Recruiter

09-01-2009

My current build is B.F Sword, NinjaTabi, Finish Infinity, Gaurdian Angel, Phantom Dancer, Lifesteal of your choice. The game Usually ends right after dancer. This allows you to really ramp up the damage and the angel should be all the armor / mr you need. The reraise is never a bad thing. With my current rune setups I am looking at roughly 8.7% dodge, 8.3% crit, and 10h/regen, which really covers all bases with this build, they miss 1/5 attacks with the tabi and the dodge.

Total with masteries this comes out to +20% crit , +20% dodge with the tabi. which is a very very hot prospect.

Edit: sorry, this needs correction on my runes, my assumptions were a little off.