Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I just recieved a ranked leave and loss because of your glitchy interface.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungUnicorn

02-18-2011

Bump for awareness #2

Fistful of Force

02-18-2011

just happened to me too!

D=

YoungUnicorn

02-19-2011

Quote:
Aithio:
This just happened to me during a normal game

It happened to you in a Normal game? Very weird, I thought this was directly related to the back and forth turn hopping of Ranked games.

Erebus Sign

02-19-2011

that same thing happened to me just few minutes ago....it happened to my friend the other day....riot needs to fix this bug....happens too often to be ignored...i want my elo back....

FlysLikePaper

02-19-2011

omgsh i just had this problem, now im scared to change masteries during champ selection in case it freezes

ilikefork1

02-19-2011

Forward:

I'd like to say this issue IS NOT new, I have been having this issue since November. That being said, until recently I'm the only I know who has ever experienced, until late January I had a friend experience the same issue. Now through the new patch, I thought my game had been fixed, however, that is not the case. Further more, the issue has progressed to the point where it's nearly impossible to even play a game.

The issue:

As it was (pre v1.0.0.111):

I would randomly be disconnected from the chat server, as well as the server it self, sometimes leading to my game timing out or crashing. I expierenced this not every now and again, but rather multiple times a minute, making chat severely difficult. This would effect the front end, not the game play. This disconnection would cause a few issues :

- not getting qued with my premade team
- not getting the champion select notification to pop
- not being able to save masteries or choose a hero (often followed by my game crashing)
- severe chat issues (ilikefork1 has disconnected from chat, reconnected to chat, disconnected etc.)

The game crashing it self was caused by three things:

- "Adobe Air Debug has stopped working" dialogue box
- "Waiting for connection to server" or some text similar to that, I can't quite remember
- " " a text box popping up with no words, only the okay button, when you click the okay button, the game crashes.

Ways around it:

The first way I fixed it:

When my game would crash during champion selection, as it often would, the error preceeding would have to do with scripts not being run on a certain document, this document WAS located C:/Riot Games/league of legends/html/ The file it self was located in the root of the HTML folder, and was known as Default-en.html. I believe this file led to the updating of the front end interface, and the issue was that it wasn't being updated properly. How I fixed it from here was I would ask a friend to send me their default-en.html file through skype, I would replace mine with theirs, and that would fix my client until my next victory or when I spent IP or RP at the store.

The second way I fixed it:

Uninstall>Reinstall, this would only work for at best a day.

As it currently is - the status quo:

However I can't say for sure the issue is CAUSED by the same file (as the file no longer exists for me), it certainly has the same issues as previously. Currently when the game crashes it seems to be an caused by Adobe Air, as a windows dialogue box pops up referring to it.

Response to Red

This has literally happened to me every day for nearly four months, I never reported the issue as I felt it was unique to me, however I've become more and more concerned as I've had multiple friends experience the same problem.

TL;DR
If you're in this topic at all, you shouldn't be looking for TL;DR's

Samael11

02-20-2011

Please update this thread with the resolution, when it occurs, as I have had a similar issue, where I took a leave due to faulty client operation (The AIR client crashed while I was in queue), and the CS staff said they could not fix the issue properly.

YoungUnicorn

02-20-2011

More bumping for awareness.

Wra7h

02-20-2011

This is happening pretty often and it's gamebreaking. Needs a god **** fix!

YoungUnicorn

02-21-2011

Quote:
samael11:
please update this thread with the resolution, when it occurs.

qft.