DPS Janna: Screw Tornados, I Can Crit

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Longe

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Scruffian View Post
Have 20+ support Janna games, excited to give this a try. Likely going to test it out on a few bot games first, though.

Does lack of runes/masteries make a big difference in this build? I'm only level 14.
Not a huge difference, no. Read my post about my runes- all -cd reduction and dodge; no crit and no critdmg or armor pen or any of that jazz.

masteries are, of course, helpful but will not make or break the build- it's all on the player ;p

Razerwind

01-26-2010

I played a couple of games as this yesterday and I had some major fun. After a bot match, I did a normal match and went 8-2-10 approximately. We won. At level 12, Yi ran up to me 1v1 in my lane and I had him running away after a couple of seconds ha ha ha ha.

I still completely disagree with the lifesteal. I had Infinity Edge, Berserker's Greaves, Zeal, and vampiric scepter, and the scepter is what gave me lasting power in the team fights. Like it or not, it's impossible to "stay in the back and not take damage" in a team fight, especially when solo queuing.

Either way, critting for 500 on Janna while a tornado throws them in the air was absolutely hilarious. Yi was my lane partner and when he went in for the attack I would shield him, slow the opponents, all the while having a tornado queuing up behind me. I was very impressed.

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longe View Post
Not a huge difference, no. Read my post about my runes- all -cd reduction and dodge; no crit and no critdmg or armor pen or any of that jazz.

masteries are, of course, helpful but will not make or break the build- it's all on the player ;p
Doing this build without 40%+ extra crit damage from runes and masteries is simply being stupid.

You can listen to this guy and get CD reduction and dodge if you please, but then for the love of god don't invest in crit items.

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerwind View Post
I played a couple of games as this yesterday and I had some major fun. After a bot match, I did a normal match and went 8-2-10 approximately. We won. At level 12, Yi ran up to me 1v1 in my lane and I had him running away after a couple of seconds ha ha ha ha.

I still completely disagree with the lifesteal. I had Infinity Edge, Berserker's Greaves, Zeal, and vampiric scepter, and the scepter is what gave me lasting power in the team fights. Like it or not, it's impossible to "stay in the back and not take damage" in a team fight, especially when solo queuing.

Either way, critting for 500 on Janna while a tornado throws them in the air was absolutely hilarious. Yi was my lane partner and when he went in for the attack I would shield him, slow the opponents, all the while having a tornado queuing up behind me. I was very impressed.
You're playing Janna like a Twitch, a simple combination of right clicking + Tornado. To me, Janna's only as good as when your opponents are disabled or running away, because a Janna that's playing like a pseudo twitch is just throwing away her insane mobility for some butterknife DPS.

Democlese

01-26-2010

Just played a round with this build, love it. tons of fun

Longe

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reziel View Post
Doing this build without 40%+ extra crit damage from runes and masteries is simply being stupid.

You can listen to this guy and get CD reduction and dodge if you please, but then for the love of god don't invest in crit items.
Nononono. What I was saying was that I have universal runes for all champs and I do just fine without crit runes. Would it be relatively better? sure. Is it necessary? no.

Razerwind

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai View Post
You're playing Janna like a Twitch, a simple combination of right clicking + Tornado. To me, Janna's only as good as when your opponents are disabled or running away, because a Janna that's playing like a pseudo twitch is just throwing away her insane mobility for some butterknife DPS.
How in the world did you deduct that from my post when it's essentially the same build as the OP?

Chai

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerwind View Post
How in the world did you deduct that from my post when it's essentially the same build as the OP?
Any build that would require you to fully utilize lifesteal items would require one to play like a Twitch or Yi (Right click > AFK for a minute > come back with a pentakill). The point of lifesteal is to make up for the lost HP by utilizing a champion's amazingly high DPS.

Janna on the other hand, even with a DPS build, has average DPS to be honest. Like i stated earlier, the amount of damage you output is simply not enough for one to be able to regain all the lost HP with lifesteal, unlike Twitch where he is able to hit multiple targets, or Yi with his out of this world attack speed and base damage.

If you solely believe that lifesteal items are beneficial to Janna, I'd really like to hear your reasoning.

erob

02-12-2010

hello all, i love janna i have played about 140 games with her, rather than give my opinion plz check my guide called a good guide for support janna, and let me know what u think :P.

Joru

02-12-2010

I really like the concept of physical Janna, but I have to wonder...with her not really being built like a true carry per se, wouldn't it be truer to form to go for items with a team support angle like Stark's or the Black Cleaver instead of going for full-out maximum personal DPS?

I mean, I really have no business objecting...I've never even had the opportunity to play Janna before. But it's something I'm curious about in case I ever pick her up (I've always kind of wanted to, but never had the confidence, with her being considered a rather lackluster champion by so many people).

12345678 ... 9